Monday, January 6, 2014

Hello


So last year I misread a blog post - went thru some of my yarn and boxed up about a dozen boxes to send to a person who was collecting them for knitters in Japan. Well, I missed the deadline because SOMEHOW I missed the fact that they only sent them one time that year. I had already mailed off 2 - 3 boxes.....have no idea what happened to those boxes. But I tell you, since then I have been picking thru those boxes and using some of that giveaway yarn!

Currently on Ravelry there is a group that wants dishcloths to take to Haiti when they do their ministry. So I went thru my 2013 knitting calendar and found 5 dishcloth patterns. So I went upstairs to the cotton box....and picked out 5 different colors. I then saw that someone in the group had designed a cloth, so guess I will make 6 total!

Two are done....one is on the needles.....it is slow, but one way to knit down the stash!

Helped hubby spade and turn the dirt in our veggie beds last night. Hubby did most of it - and the rorotilling - fixed up the dirt with additives  - and then planted fava beans for a cover crop. And then pulled out a paper and planned how and the basics of what, we will be planting next year. But oh my hands hurt so bad for the rest of the day.....500 mg of Tylenol took the edge off. But amazingly - knitting made them feel better!

I have a stretch of time off in February and guess what? We just booked a stay at Disneyland. Shhh....dont tell our kids! This is a trip just for us!!!! LOL. I am working on the flights but hubby is on the phone so cant talk to him.....hope we dont miss out on the deals!

EDIT: So when we first spoke about this on Saturday husband said - oh this would be fun, just the two of us sneaking down and enjoying it. Our backup plan was going up to the Napa area - just the two of us.....So after we confirmed our reservations on Monday - what was the very first thing he did? Called both girls and told them - and invited them along!!!!!!!
When I complained about "just the two of us" turning into a family thing - I got a big time lecture about not wanting to spend time with my grandkids.....no, the point I am trying to make is DISCUSS THINGS WITH ME instead of just blindsiding me!

Anyway - got a great deal on the flight too.....

No comments:

Hello?? Knock knock...Anyone Out There?

 Wow - I did not post ANYTHING for over a year?  But I have thought about it! And so much has happened! I came here to tell a funny little s...