Saturday, March 26, 2022

I Think Our Weather Has a Personality Disorder

 Got up early today because the City was having a cleanup day - drop your items in a bin for free. It was overcast but not foggy for once this week! Husband was convinced there would be lines of people, especially after they announced that once the bin was full, it was over and done; and only open to .town residents;  and a  seperate area for electronics. So  ee thought that meant there would be personnel at each site.  There were 4 or 5 sites around town. Went to the first site and there was no bin. Went to 2d site and there was one bin but no one there to verify residency. Also no line! So we dumped our stuff and went home. 

Husband didnt want to go to the #1 (on my list!!) garage sale today.....so we started out (just like most stores do not open as early as we are use to living elsewhere, neither dot he garage sales) and had to put our sunglasses on because the skies were blue and cloudless!

By the time we were on our way to our 3d or 4th stop, it was overcast again. Now it is late afternoon and the sun is out!

I am hoping this will help contain my piles of craft supplies next to my recliner!
These will be used to adorn XS or something - I just thought the tiny locks were so cute! Too bad there were no keys with them....nah, I dont need no stinking keys!
$1 for an almost new loaf pan - cephalon loaf pan. Now I can weed out one of my old ones....
I could not resist the saying on this!
Husband found this for me - and they let me bundle some things together so I was happy with the price. Now have to decide where it will go
Christmas in March!
I weeded through this - dumped A LOT of loose needles! Kept quite a bit of thread - silk thread, buttonhole, thread, regular thread, many on interesting wooden spools. Bits and pieces of  yarn which will be good for gnomes....I grabbed it primarily for the Longaberger basket and the scissors - overall I think I got my money's worth!

There were actually 3 of these little measuring tools (I am sure I have quite a few more around the house)  but this was interesting with the square top. And the rose decoration was so pretty. I dont think I have ever seen a darning egg with a silver (maybe silver plate?) handle before! And I am not sure what the other one is far - to darn the sole of a sock? Anyone know?

Did a lot of dusty cleaning in the bedroom (yes, Bella is apparently still with us!) Only got about 1/2 done but there is always tomorrow......then we took some things out to the trailer. 

And now I have more laundry to do tomorrow (one load done this morning but now it is the high use/high cost electric hours....so the clothing that hubby got on dirty with grease will have to wait until tomorrow. And this is why we really really need to CLEAN out the trailer basement, reorganize, regroup!

No comments:

Hello?? Knock knock...Anyone Out There?

 Wow - I did not post ANYTHING for over a year?  But I have thought about it! And so much has happened! I came here to tell a funny little s...