Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Napa and Cline Family Cellars

 Monday we walked around Napa. I spoke about it in the other post but forgot a few photos


This one cracked me up - apparently there is a new day of the week I had never heard of before

This was in downtown Napa
Lots of beautiful rose trees in front of the tasting room - but this multi colored one really caught my eye

Monet's garden? No - Cline family Cellars. I really love this place. First of all, it is comparatively reasonable. Looking for wineries most of them are charging $50 - $100 PER PERSON - and to get that money back you have to buy 2 - 3 bottles of their wine.....

Here it is $25 and you just need to buy 2 bottles of their wine to offset the price. It was actually difficult to only choose 2 bottles - but we have too many bottles at home right now! The day was beautiful - but for some reason 2:30 PM feels more like 4:30 or 5 PM! I guess with the earlier sunset the sun is lower in the sky at 2:30 than I am use to....we sat on their beautiful veranda and just enjoyed the weather and the views - they very good wines - and a lovely charcuterie tray! I really didnt want to leave!



The public course tom played on. Turned out to be one of the two times/year that they have an unannounced $1 day! $1 to play 18 holes - how much better could that be???? Of course, when he left for his tee time it was all of 36 degrees out....brrr....said they had a delay in the start because of the frost....but you can see above how the rest of the day turned out!


No comments:

Hello?? Knock knock...Anyone Out There?

 Wow - I did not post ANYTHING for over a year?  But I have thought about it! And so much has happened! I came here to tell a funny little s...