Monday, November 11, 2019

Post #????

Uh oh - it has already happened....I skipped a day!
The funny thing is I remember planning what I was going to write about!

All the moving of things in storage and piling some of it in the truck, bringing in parts of the china hutch to make sure it was gonna work.....and I woke up Sunday morning and my shoulder felt fine.

Then later that day I started doing Christmas wrapping and the next thing I know, I have to take some Tylenol because my shoulder is hurting.....go figure.

So today is an auspicious day - worldwide, nationwide, and in out family!

First of all - today is my oldest grandson's 17th birthday! I thought the years went by quickly with your own kids - that is nothing compared to how they fly by with grandkids! No more babies in the family, sigh.....and one is almost an adult (in chronological age at least).

This was just a little over 16 months old - with both his grandmothers.....time has flown!


And today is also Veteran's Day. So we bought some red carnations, and went to both cemeteries to put flowers at our family vet's graves. And the roads in the San Carlos Cemetary were lines with flags - and all the vets graves had flags on them. Looked so pretty! But when we got to the mausoleum area where hubby's father is - none of them had flags??? Wonder why?

Then we drove out to where my parents are entombed. And we got there  minutes before they were having a Veteran's Day Ceremony. It was very nice.....but TAPS gets to me every time.

Of course there were flags out, but this is a military cemetery and there are ALWAYS flags out! After the ceremony we went over to their crypts, and someone had already put mini roses in the vases, different colors for the men and the women. Very nice!

Came home and finished cleaning up the back yard for the landscaper to begin work tomorrow. And found that yes, we were gone longer than we expected and Missy had taken the sock and wrap off her foot and licked the sore - which had been healing nicely - raw......I am so mad at her!


No comments:

Hello?? Knock knock...Anyone Out There?

 Wow - I did not post ANYTHING for over a year?  But I have thought about it! And so much has happened! I came here to tell a funny little s...