Tuesday, December 31, 2019

The End of A Decade?

I question mark that because I heard a discussion that the answer has split the camps of the experts. Some say the beginning of the new decade is in fact 1/1/2020 - others say that 2020 is actually the last year of the decade.

I say - who cares? It is still going to take me a month or two to get use to writing, hearing, and saying 2020!

Christmas was lovely. Drove up to daughter's house that morning. Had a wonderful time there. Opened gifts - husband and grandson did most of the cooking - the next day everyone, except me, went to the Star Wars movie. I stayed home with the animals and had a nice quiet time.

 The Crab Guys!
 And here they are cooking! Yes - the youngest grandchild did need a stepstool - it was a tall pot on top of that stove to cook the cioppino in!
 The only girl grandchild.....thank goodness she has a phone to play on - ha ha!
 I cant even remember when it started - and only have a vague remembrance why it started - but the girls give each other a Hannukka gift every year. This time the younger (on the right) outdid the older (on the left)!
I guess the Bob Ross ornament was a hit! Have already found something for next year....

I forgot - Christmas Eve night a friend came over and had - well, we call it crab shit, but I guess marinated crab legs is a better name - as well as marinated octopus

Drove home Thursday afternoon and traffic was so bad. Took us almost 3 hours to get home. And for dinner - nothing heavy - nothing fishy - nothing meaty....KFC hit the spot!

 For daughter and myself Its A Small World is NOT our favorite ride.......even though she has a newish middle name because of that ride....lets just say getting stuck in that ride is not fun!  So of course she had to get a print and a tshirt from that ride!

Oldest gave me this wonderful Irish Soda Baking Dish. And I tried it out this weekend. Came with a recipe. And I have FINALLY found a GOOD soda bread recipe! It turned out so good!!!!! We ate about 1/4 of it that evening!


A dear dear friend gave us her 2 guest passes for the Monterey Bay Aquarium. They were good until today. So we went yesterday morning. Got there before it was too crowded and left when it became unbearable.  I only took out 1 kid - which is impressive since I don't know how many little ones were having tantrums laying down on the floors - in darker areas where most people are not looking down!

These guys cracked me up with how huge they can open their mouths!

Well, this evening we are going over to a friends house to have horse eggs (hors d’oeuvres) and pizza. Sure we will not stay there long. Then we will come home - change into MeMaw and PaPa leisure wear - crack a bottle of bubbly - and see if we can make it till midnight! Guess it will depend how crazy the people in town go with fireworks and all.....

Tomorrow will be a lazy day - looking for the Monterey antique fire truck in the Rose Bowl Parade and also the Livermore Rodeo queen - and then our typical roast and black eyed peas for dinner! May or may not have company for dinner.....have not heard back from anyone who was invited.

Wishing all of you a safe - prosperous - healthy - and wonderful 2020!

What will my word of the year be? Adventure? Contentment? Sleep? I don't know yet.....

Just had to add one more thing. I bought this (used) chart/kit from someone in a forum on FB I follow. All because our travel trailer is an IMAGINE and I wanted to make this for the trailer. Right off the bat I knew I was not going to do the unicorn....and was doubtful about the swirls, and maybe the beads. But I thought I would do the "stars". Just finished stitching and I have pretty much decided I like it nice and plain and simple. So I think the stitching is done!

But I wanted to find one of those metal signs that were so popular at Christmas last year. Thought I could paint one black and mount this on the sign - and it would be nice and lightweight to hang. Yep, have gone to 4 different craft stores and no one has what I am looking for! So now I don't know how I am going to finish this for hanging! LOL. Maybe time to start searching the thrift stores in the next week or so....

Well, I have sent the photo to my email 4x already and it still has not showed up. So when it does. I will come back here and add it!



No comments:

Hello?? Knock knock...Anyone Out There?

 Wow - I did not post ANYTHING for over a year?  But I have thought about it! And so much has happened! I came here to tell a funny little s...