Sunday, March 8, 2020

Daylight Savings Time - pooey!

So we drove up to daughter's house yesterday - hardly any rain at our house - but we did drive through a couple of downpours and saw a pretty significant accident (didn't look like any injuries thank goodness).

Husband made ribs to take up to his boys. And we ate an early dinner, and then of to see youngest grandson in his school musical - the last one we will have to go to! And it was one of the best - might be because we had front row seats though....

So first photo is the oldest grandson in the same play - in the same role - 6 years ago


 And here is the youngest - same musical, same role 6 years later!

Then a rough night on the air mattress - because husband has to open the window - which blows right on me and I WAS FREEZING ALL NIGHT LONG! Finally gave up at 0543, put a sweater on, and started reading.

Headed off to Palo Alto HS to watch youngest play waterpolo.  His team won their first game, and we left. The next game wasn't until over an hour later. Heard from daughter that they won that one too.

Came home and we are both dragging. Dogs were glad to see us (we were gone one night! LOL). Hubby already took a nap. I am determined to stay awake so I can sleep really well ….I know the dogs don't sleep as well when we are not here, and sure enough, we ran out to the drugstore came back, and Ralph had already taken a nap on our bed. See, even dogs don't sleep as well as they do in their "own" bed!

Now my complaint. I had lab work done early February. MD finally saw the results and gave me a referral to a rheumatologist on 2/25. So have been waiting for the MD office to call. Accompanied husband to his MD appt and asked the MD if I could ask one question - and that was what the name of the MD he referred me to - because on the letter it was just a group name. So he told me, and was surprised I hadn't heard from them. And he explained why he was sending me to Salinas.

So Friday morning I called - left a message - and hit the button to have the message made "priority". Of course, the first number I called wasn't correct, so they had to give me another number to call.
I got the call back at 4:45 PM and they had no idea what I was talking about. Because they had never gotten the referral!

So they asked me for my doctor's office number so that they can call and get the referral, and they would get back to me as soon as they receive it. So if I don't hear from them by Monday afternoon I will call them again....

I have a feeling that if my MD gave me the wrong office phone number, they probably had the wrong fax number too. Just glad this is not a life/death situation!

A friend of mine took a cruise to Hawaii. Yep, THAT cruise ship! The one that has been circling SF for days - poor thing. But luckily she and her husband had a cabin with a balcony! And she says they are both feeling fine. Latest news have them docking tomorrow in Oakland. Who knows what will really happen then. Information from the news varies - and what we are getting from the news is more than they are getting on the ship!

No comments:

Hello?? Knock knock...Anyone Out There?

 Wow - I did not post ANYTHING for over a year?  But I have thought about it! And so much has happened! I came here to tell a funny little s...