Friday, March 27, 2020

Your Mind Can Do You In

I have thought I have been very calm about all of this. But yesterday proved that I can be as stressed as everyone else...It is amazing how your mind can fight itself and try to bring you down.

Wednesday we spoke to the people at CVS and went to get our second shingles shot.
And this one HURT so much more than the first one did. It really did. First of all, he placed it higher on my arm than I was ever taught to do. And his procedure is probably text book but so painful. First of all he does not let the alcohol dry before he gives it...and then he placed the end of the needle against the skin and oh so very very slowly pushed it in, very very slowly. And injected the fluid in slowly which made it feel thick and viscous, whether it is or not. I was taught quick and smooth, not slow....but that is me. I was also taught 2 - 3 finger below the shoulder - my finger is a little fat, so he placed it slightly less than one finger breadth below.

Went home, kept moving that arm as I have been taught. And it didn't hurt, and I had full movement.

Then Friday when I woke up I rolled over and OH MY did it hurt - it felt like someone had socked me really really hard. But still did not hurt moving it.

So we went out to the trailer to check on it - took some items out - did a mouse hunt (apparently our friend Mitch keeps the mice away from our trailer by having them all visit his trailer!!!!). Came home - it was sunny out - went for our walk.

Later in the afternoon hubby started watching TV and so I went into the bedroom to try and catch up with Call the Midwife - after hearing that the new season starts Sunday! I just got into Season 7. And laying there, I started feeling just not good.

And one side of the mind wants to go immediately to - I HAVE THE VIRUS! And the other side is saying, calm down, it is most likely just a reaction to the vaccine. So you lay there going through the symptoms
  • Ok, slight headache - wait, I get a headache when I get a fever - but it isn't a bad headache, just a slight one...
  • I feel a little shivery - could be a fever building? Could be because we keep the room cold?
  • My hands are really cold which makes my face feel really warm
So what is it?? I decided to try and distract myself. Then I needed to go out to make the corn muffins for dinner and husband looks at me and says - I am starting to not feel good.

So of course my mind immediately jumps back to - WE HAVE THE VIRUS!

Take a deep breath - stop - tell husband to get the thermometer (hmm, I am hungry - isn't one of the symptoms lack of appetite, loss of taste and smell?). So we take our temperatures - his is 97.6 and mine 98.1. Ok, so I asked husband and he said, well, I used my inhaler but it hasn't helped as much as I thought. So I told him to go take an allergy pill. Yes, people, that allergy pill removed all of his symptoms and he felt, and still feels fine.

After dinner I decided to put ice on my arm. It was warm and red, I figured the ice couldn't hurt

So I left the ice on for about 1/2 hour. And it felt better.
By the time we went to bed, it looked and felt much better. And I felt better - I didnt feel like I was coming down with anything at all!

Although last night when I turned over and laid right on my arm it still hurt a bit - but even this morning I feel a lot better!

And I did allow 1/2 of my mind blow a raspberry at the other half!!!

So it is easy to understand how people panic because of everything we see and hear  and semi-learn about.

No comments:

Hello?? Knock knock...Anyone Out There?

 Wow - I did not post ANYTHING for over a year?  But I have thought about it! And so much has happened! I came here to tell a funny little s...