Saturday, April 11, 2020

Holy? Moly Saturday

It started out nice.
Not as sunny as I expected, but not windy.
So we went for our walk early this morning which was nice.
And yay - then we showered!!!

After a break, and after lunch decided to bake the cake husband requested for Easter.
Remember those words - husband requested!

It is the Cracker Barrel Carrot Cake.

So I got out the raisins - oh my, we are almost out of raisins! - and put them to soak.

Went to the freezer to get the walnuts. Hmmm, no walnuts. Apparently said husband has used them all and failed to mention.....even though every time we go to the grocery store he has to comment on the price....ok, I can make it with pecans. I have a bag and 1/2 of them....

Then went to get the pineapple. I specifically remember buying it. I look on the shelves outside, cant find it, come in and look through each and every cabinet, cant find it. Go back outside, cant find it.

So I ask husband - where is it? I dunno, did you look?
Getting close to that last nerve are we?????

So he went outside and looked. And came inside and looked. And went back outside and looked. And was looking through 3 grocery bags he had never unpacked. Nope, not there. So I said, did we forget to bring a bag in from the car?

Supposedly he went out and checked the car and the truck.

So I went outside and started going through those 3 bags, complaining (of course) about them not being emptied. So I emptied them as I went....and lo and behold - there was the can of pineapple.

But wait!!! There's more!!

The cabinets in the kitchen are so high that I cannot even get anything from the second shelf without a stool - and can only get from the 3d shelf if something is right on the edge. He had put the bag of sugar (because of course you cant fill up the sugar container when you empty it....) on the 3d shelf. So I asked him to come get it down for me......which he did along with a box of Rice Krispies.

A box he had opened. A box he had put up on the shelf. A box which then opened and spewed Rice Krispies everywhere - including in the 1.5 cups of oil in the mixing bowl......yep. In the oil. During quarantine time when you cant just pop out to get any more....

I have now swept the floor 4 times and there are still Rice Krispies appearing from places. Including the 2d shelf on the cabinet when I went to get the flour....

And then I had to ask him to get down the chopper because of course the pecans were pecan halves. And he "couldn't find it". He looked everywhere. In every cabinet and drawer. And then I said, well never mind, give me the hand chopper. Turns out he was looking for the hand chopper (which is still MIA) and ignoring the 2 electric ones on the 3d shelf in the cabinet....

Oh my. If this cake turns out edible it will be a miracle!

PS. Apparently all this trouble I caused for him has made him tired, because he is now napping.....while I am still cleaning up Rice Krispies.....

No comments:

Hello?? Knock knock...Anyone Out There?

 Wow - I did not post ANYTHING for over a year?  But I have thought about it! And so much has happened! I came here to tell a funny little s...