Monday, April 13, 2020

2d Semester Grad School at TLE Academy Completed!

So I have finished my 3 projects for the Sweater Major for the Grad School at TLE (The Loopy Ewe Academy).



 This is my "adult sweater". Which totally did challenge me! I think it is maybe the 3d adult sweater I have ever made. The first sleeve was too loose and wide; so I had to "re write" the pattern for me....tried it out with the 2d sleeve and liked it. So then had to rip out the first sleeve and reknit it.

Then I did the most stupid thing I have ever done - and that was cut my woven in ends BEFORE I washed it. So I ended up with 3 holes. I darned 2 in the center back (and yes, I can see them in the photo). But to fix the gigantic one in the back lace section, I had to rip out the front/neck band, and rip out the bottom all the way to above the lace. This time around I changed the very bottom to match the sleeve cuffs and the neck band, which made me happier
 This was the "sweater with pockets". It will go into a winter box for Pine Ridge Reservation
And this is the "summer sweater". IF there is a county fair this year, it will be entered. And then sometime or other it will probably be donated to charity too.

I am thrilled that I was able to finish 3 sweaters in LESS than the time allotted! Of course, 2 of them being kids sweaters helped a lot. But even so - essentially knitting my sweater twice (it went into time out for several weeks until I was able to handle the stupid mistake I made and continue from there).

I think I have the confidence that now, with retirement and all, I can actually attempt a sweater, and actually complete it in a timely manner!

No comments:

Hello?? Knock knock...Anyone Out There?

 Wow - I did not post ANYTHING for over a year?  But I have thought about it! And so much has happened! I came here to tell a funny little s...