Thursday, August 19, 2021

Sad Not Sad

 Well, we cancelled our camping trip for next week.

I would like to think husband FINALLY listened to me saying that camping with a pinched nerve is not a good thing......BUT.....although that was 1 of the 3 reasons he mentioned, I think it was more talking to tourists from Sonora and them telling him how very bad the smoke is up there.

I must say I was also worried about the fires, and the potential for more. After seeing how quickly the Caldor Fire raged out of control, it worried me. Now hubby has me wondering about the trip in September to Plymouth....

But I will miss out on the ,yes I am drooling as I write this, cookies and pies at Cover's Apple Ranch - Home (coversappleranch.com) but you know, safety first.

We are also waiting to hear from the vet whether or not Bella needs 2 more weeks of antibiotics. I am betting the answer will be yes. That means 2 more weeks of torture, and we just could not ask the dog sitter to do that for us....

And we heard today that husband's 50 + 1 Class Reunion was cancelled. I am of two minds about this. It was a 3 day event - Friday is a golf tournament, Sat was an outdoor picnic and games, and Sun was an outdoor catered picnic. Although he graduated from  a really large class (well, really large compared to my high schools!!) - I think the last one we went to the indoor dinner had maybe 100 or less people total, and the outdoor picnic maybe 50. And if we havent learned how to social distance, wear masks, and wash hands by now....shame on us! I think the outdoor venues were perfect for this!

So they are going to have an unofficial, bring your own picnic, on one of the days. So maybe the caterer cancelled? Who knows. I get it - we all should be very worried about the Delta variant - and what other variants are evolving.

But that same weekend is the Festa Italia downtown....how many of the members of this HS class will be there? And that will be much much larger number of people....

We have been planning what should have been the 50th Class reunion for the HS I went to for 3 years. Should have been because the Bishop closed the HS at the end of our junior year......so 3 of us decided to plan an outdoor get together at a class mates house. With a catered menu - but we would serve it ourselves with a couple of us as dedicated servers. So far we have had 2 enthusiastic yes responses - and 1 who has said no because of the Delta Variant....another who is returning home (Spain) this year after being in the states since December.  So we will see what comes of this.

No comments:

Hello?? Knock knock...Anyone Out There?

 Wow - I did not post ANYTHING for over a year?  But I have thought about it! And so much has happened! I came here to tell a funny little s...