Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Thrifty Day

Hubby played golf today, so I decided to go and check out some new (to me) thrift stores down at the mouth of Carmel Valley.

One had a LOT of paintings, photographs etc. And several lamps - wish we had looked there before we bought the one for the dining room! Not really, I like the one we put up, but they had some nice ones. Only bought a frame there - it was marked $3 but I paid $2.41 for it! Yay!

This particular thrift store actually has 3 sites, but I did not go to all 3 of them.

Then I went to the SPCA one. That is a very nice thrift store, and where I did most of my spending!
I got the softest, prettiest, grey sweater - brand new! All the tags still on it! For $10. 2 books. A little stocking stuffer for hubby for Christmas this year. A kitchen mitt....AND....a Vera Bradley duffle bag in very very good condition! Brand new they are about $100 - 120; if this one has been used at all, it would surprise me. And I got it for $25.



Finally got back to my favorite one here in town. Was not impressed today. Could not find a single thing that interested me. Oh well, saved me money and besides, that is just how it goes.

No comments:

Hello?? Knock knock...Anyone Out There?

 Wow - I did not post ANYTHING for over a year?  But I have thought about it! And so much has happened! I came here to tell a funny little s...