Wednesday, February 26, 2020

I Feel Old...Oh So Old...

Not so pretty - witty - or gay! I understand that song have been left out of the new stage production of West Side Story...I guess I can see why it isn't PC, but it is such a pretty, perky song!

Doctors....doctors....doctors.....I HATE going to doctors. But I am getting it all over with - and it is funny, I find myself more patient during the interminable wait involved with doctor visits. Maybe because I don't feels as though I am wasting one of my valuable days off?

So I went to see an old person's doctor today. And he himself was old. But very nice, and funny. Took my ugly toenail in....got most of it cut off and sent off for biopsy. After which time we will decide if we try treatment again, or permanent removal. ICK!

I have a relatively high tolerance to pain, and grossness, but a very low tolerance to ICK. And today was ICK.

But I got to see some Xrays of my foot - and saw where the break was decades ago - and what is now probably some arthritis in that toe. And he told me I have/had a "near miss" for club feet!

Next up in bone scan and mammogram. Both on the same day, right after each other. Thank goodness. Oh crap, I just realized that is next week. Well, at least I am getting these over and done with....

And now I am awaiting the rheumatologist's office to call me and schedule an appt for me. I don't know that I am happy for this (answers?) or scared to death (mostly this - reiterate: I hate doctors!).

Yes, I know I let things go too long and this is payback....and I should stop whining since I have insurance that makes all these visits workable.

1 comment:

Mary Lynn said...

I did the bone density and mammogram done with back to back appointments. Also went to the podiatrist today to deal with my gout. You know if you wait, thinking the pain will go away, it doesn’t work. My foot was so inflamed, he couldn’t give me a shot. Instead I am one two prescriptions. Ugh.

Hello?? Knock knock...Anyone Out There?

 Wow - I did not post ANYTHING for over a year?  But I have thought about it! And so much has happened! I came here to tell a funny little s...