Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Day #3 - Epcot

 Oh my gosh - it all caught up to us! Getting up early - walking - jet lag! We slept until 0930!!! Luckily Epcot doesnt open until 1100 and it is right next door to the Boardwalk Villas!

We went and visited Figment first of all! Love Figment! 2d daughter loved Figment! And the store there has something I am pretty sure I am going to buy for her (I did - Figment ears!) and a (non Figment) T shirt I want. Will pick those up when we come back on Friday. 

The only "ride" we did was Test Track. And that was an hour wait. It "broke down" one time while we were in line. 

We ate at our hands down favorite place to eat in WDW - Les Chefs de France. Always our favorite - and even more so when we are sans kids. First of all, they had lots of space to move around in there because of rearranging tables because of Covid. Lovely for the dinners - easier for the servers I am sure!

But you know, lots of disappointments. None of the people working were French! Disney has always had/tried to have people from the countries working in the countries in The World Showcase. Not now because of the big C.

I made the mistake of having the prix fixe meal. I should know better! And OMG the French Onion Soup was TO DIE FOR! I barely kept myself from licking the bowl! Then I had a chicken breast salad. Which would have been good if they hadnt drowned it in dressing. Wish I had thought to ask for it on the side - but I didnt expect a swimming pool of dressing with a salad on top of it! And their french bread was good - as was the house Chardonnay. Wish I had thought to ask about that.....And then came dessert. Creme brulee. Honestly I dont like slimy foods but I love the topping on the creme brulee.....but this topping was, well, you know how you put your spoon into the brulee and it cracks????? This one didnt. It bent. Bent. And it didnt even taste good. Tasted like burnt sugar ....All in all I was so disappointed. Husband had a salad, beef bourginone, and a chocolate tart and he enjoyed his meal. He said the iced tea was much much better than yesterdays!

Just looking at the menu was disappointing. The choices were not up to their usual standards. Not even a croque monsuier! Not really a French meal at all except for what husband had....

It was hot. We were tired. The wait for the 3 Caballeros ride was 1 hour, so we skipped it. Too hot and too soon to shop at Werther's. So back to the room we went - and to the hot tub and pool! And then to Abracadbar for a drink! Also went to the bakery and picked up criossants for breakfast and a coconut macaroon. Not the best....not the worst...

So they had a different variance of the Food & Wine thingie going on - the Flower & Garden. But basically one huge outdoor bar - people drinking all day long (so much money in those overpriced drinks! It amazes me!). Poor Walt....

Walked 6.82 miles today







No comments:

Hello?? Knock knock...Anyone Out There?

 Wow - I did not post ANYTHING for over a year?  But I have thought about it! And so much has happened! I came here to tell a funny little s...