Friday, May 14, 2021

Day #5 Disney Springs - No Park Day

The bed is killing me. Now that I have caught up with my rest, I know it is the bed. It is too soft. It kills my back, my hip, and my knee.

It took him awhile to decide but hubby finally decided that yes he is going to play golf. While he was making up his mind I "reserved" a 2d day at Hollywood Studios just in case.

The next couple of days are supposed to be much warmer, and more humid. Ay yi yi.

So I took the boat across the lake to the Beach Club Villas. Yes, I was being lazy. But I also just love the boat. So I wandered a little. We have a contract with this resort too. The downstairs looks lovely. And everyone raves about the pools. I dont know - looks like mostly kids at the pools! Wonder if they have a quiet pool too?

The Market Place is so much bigger and better stocked than the "General Store" at the Boardwalk. You can actually get breakfasts and hot meals there. Plus more of a selection of the other food too. Bought Tom some cereal for breakfast. Want to bring him back so he can see some DVC shirts. 

I decided not to be lazy and walked back. It is about 1/2 way around our part of the lake. Yeah, it is slightly later, so it is even hotter and more humid - what was I thinking!

Got back to the room and found they had dropped off what I called Housekeeping for before i left. Sorta. I called for washcloths and bathtowels. They left about a 4" high stack of washcloths....

I made the mistake of turning on TV while I sat and cooled off.. Got hooked on a couple of programs I have never seen before....made lunch and ate it, and soon Tom came back. 

We have dinner reservations at Raglan Road for 6;30 PM. So excited when we were able to get these - originally could not get any, so booked reservations at The Boat Yard but I kept checking back.

Not sure what is up with Tom and being early. He knows there really are only 1 - 2 shops I am interested in going into. But no.....we had to leave very early to get to Disney Springs. Very early. If we had been running late, we could have shopped after dinner but no....

Went to the big Disney Store and did shopping. Went to the Christmas store and did no shopping. Tom waited in line to go into the Pandora store. It was hot. It was humid.

We found an outdoor bar and stopped and had a hard cider and a beer. Then we walked towards Raglan Road. I am going to have to start writing things down for him I think. Our reservations were for 6:30 PM and I dont know why or how in the world he thought they were for 4:30 PM. So we sat and people watched for awhile and then walked back. And luckily they were able to take us early - but we had to sit outside. Which was ok. We didnt get to see the Irish dancers but there was someone playing guitar and singin; he was from County Cork. . And the sun was going down a bit so it was cooler. We both ended up having bangers and mash.

We were walking back to the busses and stopped at Sprinkles and each got a cupcake to eat for dessert later. 

Only 4.62 miles today.

They have a cupcake vending machine! But we did not use it. We went inside and ordered
I jsut thought the name was funny!
I would love to do the amphicar but I am too cheap....They look like fun though!



They look like aliens dont they? I think Toms was a red velvet and mine was probably vanilla. They were good. Nothing really outstanding but good


No comments:

Hello?? Knock knock...Anyone Out There?

 Wow - I did not post ANYTHING for over a year?  But I have thought about it! And so much has happened! I came here to tell a funny little s...