Thursday, May 20, 2021

Day #8

 Well, our first day here we spent at Magic Kingdom.....our last day spent at Magic Kingdom!

Got there about 8 AM and got all the rides done that we skipped before done by 10 AM!!! 7 Dwarves Mine Ride, Jungle Cruise, People Mover (I love the People Mover at WDW - it is a nice long ride with a good breeze!). So then we doubled back on a few of the rides

Lunch at the Crystal Palace. Another limited menu - but not too bad considering they had to switch from buffet to a menu. First they give you a lovely salad to share - a nice big one, refreshing, green "weeds", tomatoes, feta cheese, candied nuts, and watermelon with a vinegareitte. Also a plate of really good little biscuits, savory and regular. 

Then Tom had the fried chicken which I really wanted - he said it tasted like Shake & Bake! Served with a side of mac & cheese, and greens. I had prime rib, scalloped potatoes and creamed spinach (I did try 2 bites but I gagged too much on both bites to try any more).

Very good and plentiful ice tea!

And then dessert is a medley of things. Nothing that was really good. We took the leftovers home but did not end up eating them. 

It was hot - but not overly humid - and there was a nice breeze/ But time to leave and hit the pool/spa. Luckily the clock watchers were not there today....

Did the last laundry and packed.

Walked 5.37 miles today.







No comments:

Hello?? Knock knock...Anyone Out There?

 Wow - I did not post ANYTHING for over a year?  But I have thought about it! And so much has happened! I came here to tell a funny little s...