Thursday, May 20, 2021

Day #6, Animal Kingdom

 My favorite place!

The Park opened at 0800. And at 0809 we were in line for Avatar, Flight of Passage. First a 65 minute wait - then 75 minutes - then 90 minutes. We were off the ride at 0909!!! I enjoyed the ride far more than the Star Wars rides, but I am not a big Avatar fan - so I basically knew what was going on but...This was reminiscent of the old ET ride....you got onto a motorcycle shaped thing, and then did a Soarin' type trip....

After that we went on Na'Vi River Journey. It was pretty. A canoe ride. 

I swear the Safari was much shorter than usual. But I learned some interesting things. If they are true.

  1.  Elephants communicate via a rumble that is too low for humans to hear. But elephants can hear it, or feel it, up to 10 miles away!
  2. Elephants are afraid of bees! So bee hives are often used as fencing to keep elephants out of farmland!

All the walking we have been doing has been great for our feet etc. But cool air is no preparation for heat and humidity! So glad we did not bring only cloth masks; the paper ones are much easier to breathe through.

So we had lunch at Flame Tree BBQ because we enjoyed it last time. But now they expect you to order online....insisted it was much faster...totally discouraged any other way. Figured out how to do it; and meanwhile, just finished ordering online and a woman walked up, ordered in person AND got her meal before ours was ready! Finally got our food and boy, not as good as before. My fries were not even room temperature - they were literally cold. And there were no condiments for the hotdog! I should have gone with the pulled pork......The Flamingo cupcake was lovely - and it tasted really good too! My only complaint was the guava filling was very skimpy.


Went to dinner, after our usual hot tub and pool time, at The Fountain over at The Swan and Dolphin. No wait. Not busy. And SO GOOD!! The cheeseburger was fabulous - they do need to work on their fries, but that is ok - the hamburger and milk shake more than made up for them! The Shake was fantastic - I was a little sad I ordered a small1

Walked 8.14 miles today!





No comments:

Hello?? Knock knock...Anyone Out There?

 Wow - I did not post ANYTHING for over a year?  But I have thought about it! And so much has happened! I came here to tell a funny little s...