Friday, May 14, 2021

Day #4 Hollywood Studios

 I love riding the boats on the little lake where we stay at Boardwalk Villas. So we rode the boat over to HS this morning.

Had to rush right to Star Wars area and husband was all upset when he went to the Rise of The Resistence Ride to find out  out that you have 2 chances/day to get on a queue to possibly get a chance to ride. Even though we discussed this way before we went to WDW. And you have to be online at 0700 and 1300 to maybe get in the queue and he had decided it wasnt worth it...

So then we went to the Millenium Falcon ride....stood in line forever. Got on and rode it. Again, Star Wars is not my thing.....so it really wasnt that interesting to me. And when we got off he told me that once we got on the ride he realized that THIS was the ride he really wanted to do! YAY!!!

To me the whole area was lame. But it probably has to do with Covid. I thought there were supposed to be Troopers walking around and interacting, and other costumed people. When we first went in there were 2 Troopers on a stage that were talking to people walking by but that was all...

So they replaced the Movie ride with something that was called Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Train. Sounded silly and dumb - but it was a sit down AC ride! And it was kinda fun! Reminds me a lot of the Ratatouille ride. And I still preferred the Movie Ride but it was an okay replacement. 

Got to ride the Skyliner! LOVED IT! Sitting down plus a lovely breeze during the whole ride. Amazing how much you can see - and if you go on the whole ride you get to see some other resorts. The parking lots were amazingly empty.

Ended up taking our own sandwiches for lunch today since we could not get reservations at any of the sit down places. 

On the way back to the room (and the hot tub and pool!!) we stopped at the Bakery and got breakfast things....also picked up a salad to have with our leftovers from Sunday. 

Walked 6.1 miles today.







No comments:

Hello?? Knock knock...Anyone Out There?

 Wow - I did not post ANYTHING for over a year?  But I have thought about it! And so much has happened! I came here to tell a funny little s...