Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Big Sigh of Relief

 So the day of dread is over. After anxiety setting in the day I finally made the appointment, it is done, and I survived.

As of this morning I still have 10 toes, but only 9 toenails.

Treatments did nothing to treat the fungus that gave me my "Ugly Toe". So last year it was decided it had to come off.

Yeah, last year.

So today I showed up for my appointment at 0800 after waking up at 0400, 0500, 0600....sick to my stomach, sweaty palms, etc.

And the doctor was so nice. And the "freeze spray" worked wonders, the shots resulted in a wooden toe, and it was all over in just a few minutes.

Thank goodness I did not have to look or watch....gag.

And I think the adrenaline bottomed out on me after lunch today cause I fell asleep for about an hour and a half!

I have taken 1 Tylenol this afternoon, and that was mostly because of the feeling as the local totally wore off....

The bandaid comes off tomorrow, I have to soak it, and replace the bandaid. I was surprised when he said I could go back to my walking in 2 - 3 days IF I could tolerate wearing my sneakers.....we will see!!


No comments:

Hello?? Knock knock...Anyone Out There?

 Wow - I did not post ANYTHING for over a year?  But I have thought about it! And so much has happened! I came here to tell a funny little s...