Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Post Procedure Day 2

 Well, comparatively speaking last night could have been a lot worse. But it wasnt fun. Moving around woke me up. And yes, I kicked my own toe once. Ouch.

But I kept thinking it would be much better when I could take the big bandage off today.

Thunder startled all of us awake at 3-something this morning. By 0400 I gave up, went to the bathroom, and took some acetaminophen. My toe was just throbbing. But the acetaminophen worked, because I went back to sleep until a bit after 0700.

And then bided my time until we could get the big bandage off. Had to have husband help with removing the coban, and that was a real job. It hurt trying to get that off - finally had him cut it off. And then I went to soak my toe - supposed to soak it for 10 minutes. After a few minutes of soaking I could remove the bandaid - YUCK! But I could not last 10 minutes of soaking - it hurt too badly. I made it almost 8 minutes, it was the very bottom where the nail roots were that hurt so badly. 

Dressed with my neosporin and a bandaid and boy does it feel better! And then when I put a soft pair of bed socks on, it felt even better! I can even wear my slippers as long as I remember to slide that foot along, instead of "walking" it along!

But I did learn one thing - a quick walk/slow run is DEFINITELY OUT!!! Ouch!

So I dont think there will be a try at a shoe tomorrow yet. Today, I dont even feel like getting out of my pj's so I am not.....but I am moving around more and not being a total couch hog. And I dont feel as though I have to take a nap today!

Lots of rain off and on. It sounded like light hail after the thunder that woke us up, but I didnt get up to look; and by the time I did get up, it wasnt even raining. 

So PG&E came back. And she spent about 2 hours setting in her truck. Husband needed to go to the grocery store so he got the scoop. Apparently some modum/module on our smart meter for the gas is not working and needs replaced. But they cannot replace it when it is raining. And she was told to sit and wait until it stopped raining. Which she did. Just before noon it was no longer raining and she started getting ready to replace it - and she got a call about a gas leak somewhere else which she had to respond to.....Been off and on sunny since she left. She is supposed to come back - but who knows when!

No comments:

Hello?? Knock knock...Anyone Out There?

 Wow - I did not post ANYTHING for over a year?  But I have thought about it! And so much has happened! I came here to tell a funny little s...