Saturday, March 13, 2021

Saturday

 Well, it is a grey, overcast, chilly day, with winds. 

We worked on the garden a little bit - rearranged the fencing around the raised veggie beds, replaced the bark around them. Now we are still waiting on the dirt. Supposed to rain again this week so probably wont get the dirt until the end of the week - if we survive our 2d Moderna shot on Tuesday that it!

We pretty much know what we want to plant. Deciding on exactly where. And havent even seen the plants for sale yet anyway. Hubby still needs to make the trellises for the tomatoes and the cucumber. I think the squash will go in a separate planting area again just because they tend to take over everything. 

Been reading tips on growing tomatoes here and hoping we do better this year. 

Went for a walk. Hubby went for the usual 2+ hilly walk. I went for a mile walk on the most flattish part of the neighborhood I could find. AND I took Ralph with me. You know it has been far too long since you have taken your dog for a walk when his harness doesnt fit! Since we fenced in more parts of the backyard I dont even see him doing his Speed Racer sprints any more...

Broke my heart to leave Bella at home crying. And when Ralph and I walked back up the driveway she was at the back gate crying again. I was almost talking myself into switching Ralph's lead onto her collar and at least taking her down the driveway, up to the street corner, and back again....when she met us at the gate, trying to get out, and having difficulty keeping her her feet to do that. So I didnt. But it made me so sad.

No comments:

Hello?? Knock knock...Anyone Out There?

 Wow - I did not post ANYTHING for over a year?  But I have thought about it! And so much has happened! I came here to tell a funny little s...