Sunday, April 29, 2018

HS Reunion of the HS From Which I Did Not Graduate*

So the JMHS class of 1970 had a reunion and invited other classes to it. Drove down to Pacific Grove to spend the night at a friend's house, and then out to the reunion.

The day was semi cloudy and chilly to start with but got sunny and warmer as the day went on.

I remarked to hubby on the way that I find it very odd that I remember so many more people from the HS I went to for my senior year - than I do from the previous HS and even 8th grade. So I was a little apprehensive but decided to go with an open mind since it was only for a few hours and actually we could leave whenever we wanted to!

Thank goodness for name tags!!! And I have found with going to reunions for hubby's HS and the HS I graduated from, that the older we get the more enjoyable the reunions are because there is less and less clique-ish-ness!

My comment on this reunion:

  • The nice people were even nicer
  • The men REALLY aged ....far more than the women
  • And the guys that were all that in HS???? Oh my goodness, not even close any more......old, bald, fat, thin, looking rough.....wow!
  • Most of the women looked older, of course, but so much better! Makeup, I guess, really helps!
  • The food was not very good at all. The appetizers were some burchetta (ick) and olives, and bowls of ruffles potato chips. The BBQ chicken was not thoroughly cooked (the nice crunchy skin was, but the meat was pink and red).....the trip tip was ok.....the potatoes were some sort of au gratin that tasted odd.....the chopped salad was, well, a chopped salad. But the garlic bread was good!
  • The Class of 1970 had the most people there - our class of 1971 had the second most (altho there were many people who werent there which was disappointing) and there were 9 people from the class of 1969!
  • So sad to hear about the deaths of classmates.....all of them since 2010 I believe it was.
  • One girl in our class who I swear I only heard speak a few times in HS.....was a chatterbox now!
Got back to our friend's home and sat around talking. Watched a beautiful sunset and the stars coming out and then sat around his firepit drinking some wine.....it was lovely.

Today we had breakfast with other friends and headed home. So funny to have a hosue without dogs. They will be so mad at us tomorrow when we pick  them up!

No comments:

Hello?? Knock knock...Anyone Out There?

 Wow - I did not post ANYTHING for over a year?  But I have thought about it! And so much has happened! I came here to tell a funny little s...