Saturday, April 18, 2020

Masks

I don't sew well enough, or enjoy sewing enough, to attempt to sew a mask.
Plus I gave away most of my material before we moved ….

So I have resisted jumping on the mask bandwagon.

Until someone posted a knitted mask today that she has been making for her son-in-law, a doctor.
And I, surprisingly, have time on my hands and a brand new skein of cotton yarn sitting right in front of me.

https://pearlofcivilization.net/2006/09/25/paging-a-doctor-of-some-kind/?fbclid=IwAR0mHrXBxKx2Nc_zNXKkjOFPBfl-tvCcFd9BOfXRwXHZ3r23Q7UB6TeQIjo

so why not? It does not take long at all. Very easy...the most difficult part was trying to determine how long to make the ear loops.

So I made one. And I am not thrilled. I went down a needle size, but the cotton did not make a dense enough fabric to make it useful, in my opinion. I must say, it is far more comfortable than the Home Depot type masks we have been using when we are out shopping! And I could see using this as a 2d layer over the procedure masks. Maybe a different type yarn would be better. Not sure I am going to experiment with that right now...but who knows? I might....


And yes, I am desperate for a haircut!

No comments:

Hello?? Knock knock...Anyone Out There?

 Wow - I did not post ANYTHING for over a year?  But I have thought about it! And so much has happened! I came here to tell a funny little s...