Thursday, May 20, 2021

Day #7, Epcot the Second Time Around!

 Ate breakfast at Trattoria al Forno. What a mistake. First thing we walked in - snotty looking person "Do you have a reservation?". Um excuse me, 95% of your tables are EMPTY! 

First of all the dont have eggs and bacon, or eggs and sausage. They have eggs. OR eggs, bacon, sausage and ham! And toast does not come with the meal - you order that separately. So Tom ordered his usual eggs sunnyside up with the 3 meats, and toast....and the waitress even repeated it back. So of course they bring scrambled eggs......And we couldnt find the waitress! Finally found her and she said she would "put the order in" for the right eggs. Wait, you made a mistake and you have to put an order in???? So meanwhile his toast is cold, the meats are getting cold, and 10 minutes later they bring his eggs....Should have asked for new toast at the very least but who knows how long that would take after she "put that order in"!!

I had pancakes. A stack of 4. Larger than silver dollar but smaller than usual - BUT they were almost 1" thick! They came with a fruit compote, and syrup - but no butter! Luckily Tom had plenty of butter for his toast.....



So we went to the front desk to find out about checking in for the flight, printing boarding passes and luggage tags. Well, no business center is open so they will do things for you - they can print boarding passes but not allowed to print luggage tags. Sorry, I just dont get it, but it is "policy" so not worth arguing...

Tom decided we needed to get to Epcot early because they start letting people in early. Well, the boats dont even start running for Epcot until 1100 (according to the sign) so we walked over. And stand in a long line....the line did start moving at about 1011.

The line at 3 Caballeros ride ("in Mexico") was much shorter today. But boy it was hot. So we got in line and got all the way to the front and guess what - the ride broke down! They first told us that it would reopen in 20 minutes if we wanted to come back....excuse me??? Wait in the line again? Which by then was probably longer? After 20 minutes it became they had no idea when/if it would reopen so we gave up.....and yet they were still letting people into line! Which was quite a bit longer!

We did get to enjoy the DVC Members lounge for a little bit. Charged my phone. Got some nice cold soda. But they only had 1 choice of cookies there not several. And I did buy the shirt I had seen before, and the Figment ears for Katie.


We went back to the room about 4:30PM and went to pool/spa. Well, the time keepers were there today. I think they are related to the chair watchers I have been reading about at Aulani....

When we got there the spa was full. So we waited, not at the side of the spa, but we waited. And first one person left, then another.....Tom went over and called me over. Said there was only 1 person in the spa to come on in. So I put my book down, took off my coverup, walked over. He was already in the spa. I put down my towel and talked a minute or two and got into the spa. Enjoyed talking with the woman in the spa.

And then 2 women walked over and said - "Are you getting out now?"

excuse me???? They said that the time limit for the spa is 15 minutes - it says so right on the sign!

I responded oh, I never noticed that before - and never noticed anyone sticking to that time limit the whole time we had been there.

"Well we want to get into the spa"

And the other woman said, oh I have been in here awhile so I will get out (which she did) and you can get in.

And they said "no we cant..."

Tom looked at the sign and said, yes you can, because the sign says 4 people....."Well, our husbands want to enjoy the spa too"

So Tom said - the timer is set for 15 minutes and when it goes off we will get out and you can have the spa.....

"Well those are the rules and just how long do you think  you have been in there anyway?" they said to me.

Oh I dont know - maybe 5 - 10 minutes?

"NO, you have been in there 15 minutes - we saw you walk over here."

Wow - you could see that little bitty clock, which is lower than the bushes, from the pool??? To know what time it was? Ok, maybe one of them had a watch on...

And I said - ok, but did you also see that I did not get in exactly the minute I walked over here?

They huffed and they left.....the timer finished like 3 or  4 minutes later and we got out......and watched them and their husbands leave the pool area!

Went back to Epcot and had "pizza" at "Italy". Remind me not to order pizza if I ever get to the real Italy!!! The best thing I can say is it was edible and it was filling!

Finally got onto the 3 Caballeros ride - and also the film about France!

So tired and so achy......made the mistake at looking at the Step Tracker - 9.85 miles today!!!!!!!!!!!

(I just read today, 5/20 that 712 manatees have been found dead in Florida this year already - compared to just over 200 last year. Most have been emaciated - the sea grass that they feed on is dying in large amounts. So very very sad what we are doing to these gentle giants)
Its Dory!




No comments:

Hello?? Knock knock...Anyone Out There?

 Wow - I did not post ANYTHING for over a year?  But I have thought about it! And so much has happened! I came here to tell a funny little s...