Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day 2008






First of all I would like to pay homage to my dad, who was career Army officer and served in WWII (European theater) and Korea, and my mom who was an Army nurse in WWII in the European theater. And my father in law, who served in the Pacific in WWII. And all our friends and relatives who have served in the military. They - as well as the police officers who put their lives on the line daily - are my heros.

Went to Yosemite Area (Oakhurst and Bass Lake) as usual. And froze our tails off! It rained almost all weekend and was cold!! Glacier Point road and Tioga Pass were closed in the Park we heard, cause when it rained down where we were, it means snow up there! I truly felt sorry for all the campers - after all, it is one thing to be cold at night - but not cold and wet all day and night! And all the vendors at Coarsegold who thought they were going to start off the weekend with a bang! And that photo above? One of the least cloudy times of the weekend!

We did get a couple of good things. Tom got another Anniversary clock to add to his collection (#5? #6?) for $5!!! I think the guy was ready to call it quits for the day! And I got a metal garden set that I have been wanting (see photo above).

Saw the new (old!!) Indiana Jones movie for only $6! And watched gas go up by $0.10/gallon in the space of one hour....

It was a nice time cause it was away from work and phones (hubby left his work phone and computer home!) but I was glad to get home to sunshine and warmth - I dont even mind the wind so much today!

No comments:

Hello?? Knock knock...Anyone Out There?

 Wow - I did not post ANYTHING for over a year?  But I have thought about it! And so much has happened! I came here to tell a funny little s...