Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Ten Books You Should Read Before You Die

AOL has come up with this list - I would love to know how they decided on these ten books...

  • Gone With The Wind - one of the few times I can say - saw the movie, didnt read the book
  • Lord Of The Rings - read the whole trilogy + while back in HS - yes, they did have printing presses that long ago
  • Harry Potter - I gave up after 3 of them, and now just watch the movies!
  • The Stand - this was one of King's very frightening books - nowadays, my personaly opinion, he just writes wierd books - but this book and It really scared me
  • Da Vinci Code - it may be improbably, but I thought it was a good read! Still cant see Hanks as the title character tho!
  • To Kill a Mockingbird - my oldest daughter's favorite book - I dont know how many times she read it and how many times she watched the movie! Both were very good
  • Angels and Demons - I like Dan Brown's books, what can I say!
  • Atlas Shrugged - never even heard of this one
  • Catcher in the Rye - read this way back before electricity also
  • The Bible - wow! It is only #10???? I have read bits and pieces of it - have made promises to read the whole thing bit by bit and never followed thru. I will not deffend this as truth or fiction, but there is some mighty fine writing contained in this book.

1 comment:

Aunt Kathy said...

Interesting list

I have read the Lord of the rings series and the Bible

None of the others that I can remember

Hello?? Knock knock...Anyone Out There?

 Wow - I did not post ANYTHING for over a year?  But I have thought about it! And so much has happened! I came here to tell a funny little s...