Monday, August 13, 2018

Goodbye Summer

Yes, I know summer isn't over until mid September.
But this past weekend was the County Swim Meet and now all the grandkids go back to school this week.....so it FEELS like summer is over!

Our little guy did so good - we are so proud of him!
He swam 2 individual events - breast stroke and butterfly. Came in 5th place in the breast stroke - and to me this is fabulous because at the County, in the 9 - 10 age group, there were more 10 year olds than 9 year olds!

And in the butterfly he made consolation flight - and came in 4th place!

Then their team - with one boy missing from the usual team - was never expected to make the finals in the Medley Relay - and they made 10th place! And the free relay they came in 9th. By that final race of the weekend, you could tell they were DONE!

And daughter told us that at the Junior Olympics for Waterpolo - his 9 - 10 team placed 2d in Northern California and 14th in the Nation!

So proud of him!

And this past week grandson #3 turned 13.....so we now had THREE teenagers in the group. Oh my. Don't they know they are supposed to stay my grandBABIES and not grow up so quickly??!!!??

More weeding has been going on. Gotta get the pod cleaned out so we can get it out of our driveway. Have sold a few things online - got more added to the garage sale boxes.....but there are still more things that I just don't know where to put them.

I have found several partly finished projects - 1 is ready to go and be framed; finished stitching another and not have to decide on how I want to finish it - and the 3d I have to move my magnifying lamp back so that I can finish the last row of teensy tiny stitching and then it will be ready for framing. Several canvaswork projects need finishing if and when I can find the directions. A couple have the stitching completed just not just how to finish them off....

No comments:

Aging

 Why is so much about aging kept a secret? Or is it that we just dont pay attention when we are younger? I mean we all know about the wrinkl...