Monday, January 8, 2018

2018 - year of clearing out!

Yup, time to start clearing out. Already started when we were putting our Christmas stuff (as little as we put out) away. Went thru the 4 bins and sorted things to be thrown out and things to be donated.

Now I have found a whole lotta things that need to be finished. In most cases it is cross stitch from the 90's that needs to be framed. Some need to be finished. Found one of a pair of socks but no pattern and doesnt look like enough yarn for a 2d one.....found the pattern for a pair of sock 1/2 done - Yahoo!

Threw out an awful acrylic stocking I had started. Kept the remainder of the yarn....

Have started a binder with projects that I plan to make this year - cause I get these ideas and forget until the very last minute. And on the back I put a table which I can check off what is done. I am always saying I am going to make a teddy bear each month for Sharon to take to Ethiopia....well, that is on the table with monthly blocks to check off.....and I only made 4 hats for the Little Hats/Big Hearts campaign, so that is on the table for monthly check offs too.

Will I be 100% successful? Probably not - but it is a start at changing some habits!


 Now this doesnt look finished - but do I think I can find the pattern??? Ha! If I was invested in this enough I could add some sort of border......and I should.......and then it could be made into a picture or a pillow
 Wonder what I had in mind for this flock of ladybugs? Maybe scissor fobs?? Any suggestions?
 This was hard to photograph because it is so pale - creams, peaches...but it is lovely. I think it will be framed instead of made into a bell pull type of hanging

 I should definitely get this one framed first!!
 Cant remember which magazine this came from....and it was once framed....but the frame broke. So time to reframe it
 And look at this - who knew in 1991 that this would be perfect for a granddaughter??? I think I made this in honor of Pretty Kitty/Kat because it look like her. Anyway, will get this framed and give it to my granddaughter for Christmas or her birthday. But of course it is on white so it is dirty so it is soaking right now (already pressed everything else pictured here)
 Who knows where this pattern came from???!!! And those must be stems for something....shamrocks? Flowers? I will have to come up with something to finish it and then get it framed
 I think this - and the next two - were supposed to be Christmas ornaments. And I do have several of those little pillows that you place stitched pieces into. Just have to go out and buy some fray check for the edges.....if I had a sewing table set up (ha! referring to my Christmas 2017 list....) I could jsut whip stitch/zip zag the edges....


 I know who this was made for....but I think it was supposed to be for a picture for his office. Guess it will become a pillow instead....
I think I have the frame for this. if I can find a board for the frame I could do this one myself. If I cant find a board looks like I will be looking for a new frame.....I think this one is so sweet

I might have to get a 2d job to pay for all this framing.....

Who knows what else I will find? I did find some lovely sock yarn that will go with one of my patterns for my Sock Challenge for the year....

No comments:

Aging

 Why is so much about aging kept a secret? Or is it that we just dont pay attention when we are younger? I mean we all know about the wrinkl...