Thursday, February 10, 2011

UFO continued

So as I slowly continue to dig out "my" room.....it was further along before Christmas than it is now!....I find these UFO's that really excite me!

The denim colored vest - one side almost done....
Theblack tick/thin yarn with sparklies....

And one by one I bring them down to work on....

As I worked on the denim vest I realized that the dye was coming off on my hands. Very much so. Ok, so get thru it, finish it, and you can rinse the dye out of the finished project and set the color. But then I discover, if I dont stop periodically to wash the dye off my hands, it becomes more difficult to wash off....

So I dont want to knit when I have to go to work later that day...or the next day...or when I am going to be touching something that I dont want to get denim colored dye on....see where I am going? I have the 2d front almost done but am dreading the back. It will be more yarn which will be more blue hands and more frequent stopping.....sigh...

The black project is either a wide scarf or thin rectangular shawl. Not sure which. Think I bought it eons ago at Stitches West...it is easy - garter stitch on size 15 needles. Much easier once I switched to pointy needles (it is a lace weight with slubs of thick sparkly yarn after all). It calls for 2 skeins, which I have, but I cannot imagine how huge that will be! Have aout 12" done so far and realized that no, I hadnt bumped into anything or touched anything....yup, the black dye comes off on my hands....

Sigh. I think I will make some more bunny egg covers instead!

No comments:

Hello?? Knock knock...Anyone Out There?

 Wow - I did not post ANYTHING for over a year?  But I have thought about it! And so much has happened! I came here to tell a funny little s...