Sunday, August 26, 2012

Sunday

Another day of sleeping late.....altho I was convinced it was 0930, it was only 0830 when I got up. But that is still a lot later than 0530, which is when I will be getting up tomorrow!

Had a leisurely breakfast, read the paper, and then went to the gym. That felt good - havent been for almost 2 weeks!

Then home and hubby started the Pumpkin stew.....I made the angel food/pineapple dump cake (http://thefrugalgirls.com/2012/08/pineapple-angel-food-cake.html) and it is cooling - upside down! I have made many angel food cakes in my time and know they have to cool upside down and I have never once had one fall out of the pan....but this one is still making me nervous that it will fall out!

4 loaves of zucchini/carrot/pecan/walnut/chocolate chip bread are in the oven (http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/zucchini-bread-recipe/index.html). I hadnt planned on the two nuts, but the pecan bag was open and they started falling out so used those up....and then finished off the bag of walnuts. I also used 1/2 the sugar and 1/2 Splenda. I have been using Splenda on other things, so we will see how it tastes in baking. I double/triple checked my recipe and am hoping that I did not forget any ingredients this time! We will see!

There is flour all over the flour. I used up the flour in the container and put the rest of the new bag in the container - couldnt figure out why I was dribbling flour everywhere - yup there was a big hole in the bottom of the Rubbermaid container!!! So managed to get most of the flour into ziplock bags.
Went to use the little dustbuster to clean up - and whoever used it last time (I am not naming any names, am I honey????) did not put it back on its charger so it was dead.....

Looking up how to make some tomato sauce to throw in the freezer. Something is nibbling on our tomatoes and I would like us to use them not me!

We were at the grocery store yesterday and there was a woman there with one of those big 5 gallon jugs of water in her cart. Well, I turned down the aisle and there she was taking one gallon jugs of water off the shelf, pouring the water into her big jug, and then hiding the empty jugs!  Really?????!!!!! If you cant afford water and you  need it, there are public water fountains around town you can use rather than steal from a store. I know the idea is - it is a big corporation and they wont miss it - but it is those losses that keep adding to the cost of what the rest of us are paying!

No comments:

Aging

 Why is so much about aging kept a secret? Or is it that we just dont pay attention when we are younger? I mean we all know about the wrinkl...