Monday, January 26, 2009

California's woes

Well, went out and stimulated the economy today.

Yep, after a year of telling hubby that our dishwasher was doing its own death march, it finally gave up and died on Sunday on hubby's watch. So that means we had to get a new one NOW!

I think this is about the 3d one I have bought in 35 years of marriage. And so it was interesting to see the new stuff available - and the newer prices.

When it was time to pay, I told the salesman that I would jsut write out an IOU for the sales tax....luckily he was quick and didnt think I was absolutely nuts when I said this.

I have an idea for you Arnold - you want the state legislators to stop di**ing around with the budget? FREEZE THEIR PAYCHECKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That will get their attention darn quick!

Too many people are hurting already and next week they might start playing around with all the state subsidized programs? Which means the trickle down affect????????

I dont think so - make those people in Sacramento sit and up and pay attention by hitting them where it hurts - right in their own pockets by FREEZING THEIR PAYCHECKS!!!!!!!

By the way - did you see where one of the companies who recieved the federal bail out - is spending the money on a NEW CORPORATE JET!!!!!! Yup, not only do the rich guys still get their bonuses and pay checks and buy outs - but they can now travel in style while doing it.
Way to go Citigroup - that is exactly what I wanted you to do with my hard earned tax money...

No comments:

Hello?? Knock knock...Anyone Out There?

 Wow - I did not post ANYTHING for over a year?  But I have thought about it! And so much has happened! I came here to tell a funny little s...