Sunday, March 14, 2010

MAY 8, 2010


I am walking in the Bras For the Cause 10K walk again this year.
I have been trying to train but admit that it makes my ankle ache. But I have two more months and determination is everything. The docs told me not to expect full recovery for at least a year - and that will be at the end of May...
Trying to get a team going at work again this year....but so far of all the people who said they want to do it, none have signed up.
But my daughter is walking again this year....and this year my son is walking too! I didnt know my little (ha!) scare a couple of years ago affected him as much as it did.
So I am just hoping that everyone who reads my blog will stop by www.trivalleysocks.org and make a donation to my walk ....if you can't, then I hope you read it all and take it to heart - make sure you do your self exams and get your mammo's (a few minutes of discomfort is all it involves)...and remind your friends, your sisters, your daughters, your significant others, and your mothers to do the same.
And also remember that men can get breast cancer too - so remind your significant others/husbands/sons/brothers/fathers that if they notice any changes, dont be shy - get it checked out!
I also wanted to thank everyone who contributed to my walk last year!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good luck. I'm looking forward to seeing your pics from this year's walk.

Don't overdo the training, though.

Aging

 Why is so much about aging kept a secret? Or is it that we just dont pay attention when we are younger? I mean we all know about the wrinkl...