Saturday, August 14, 2010

Garage Sale-ing

I love it! Even got my hubby hooked.
But I do not like getting ready for the one we will be having in 2 weeks!

Last week was great - we got some garden tools for DD and SIL at a great price - got to see a lovely home - and hear some local history.

This week - I got a platter for my dinner set - some books I have been wanting - some gifties for friends and grand daughter - books for grand sons.....some great garden pots - and hubby scored a Mickey Mouse golfer watch (dont know why - he doesnt wear watches!).

But you know what is the best thing about garage sale-ing? Seeing parts of the town/area that you have never been in before. Learning some local history. Meeting some interesting (and yes, some strange) people.

Getting ready to take dog for bath and shots (oh yeah, hubby scored a huge bag of balls for him). Tomorrow is Grandson #3 - 5th Birthday party. So two days off from going thru and pricing junk! YAY! Cause I work the next 2 days. Of course, that means I then have 3 days off in a row which will be spent in de-junking....

2 comments:

Birdsong said...

I love yard sales! I am far enough out of town that I don't go as often as I used to, but thrift a lot instead. It's the fun of the surprise. Hope the birthday boy had a wonderful day.

Birdsong said...

I love yard sales! I am far enough out of town that I don't go as often as I used to, but thrift a lot instead. It's the fun of the surprise. Hope the birthday boy had a wonderful day.

Hello?? Knock knock...Anyone Out There?

 Wow - I did not post ANYTHING for over a year?  But I have thought about it! And so much has happened! I came here to tell a funny little s...