Friday, December 6, 2019

December 5

So it was a lazy morning. We slept late and just not motivated to get going. And once we did, I didn't really feel like going to a Holiday Festival and walk around with a lot of other people.

So we went to the PO and mailed the last of the Christmas packages, and a bunch of Christmas cards! YAY!

And then we went to the cemetery and put wreaths on the graves that we didn't have enough for before.

And went to a cute little shop - http://www.historicgardenleague.org/shops/ - that I had read about but we didn't get to on Small Business Saturday (today it wasn't raining!). They have a lot of local items - and we gave in to some honey from a family in Gilroy who were severely impacted by the shooting there earlier this year - and some yummy artichoke spread. But I want to do some Christmas shopping there next year! Cute ornaments, local jellies, etc

Hubs got the outdoor lights hung - most but not all. The wind came up - the temperature dropped - it got dark - and so we thought it was going to start raining....which it hasn't....yet.

The other day I lugged in a heavy box full of my shawls and scarves. So finally went through it today and found some I know I will never ever wear. Some I made - some were gifted to me. Either the color is not one I would wear - or the styles, etc. So I sighed and thought "off to the thrift store" but I really didn't want to do that.

I thought - wish I had a venue to sell them through because then I know they would go to someone who wanted them (that is, if they sold). Got all the ones I am keeping put away and came across 2 hats I had knit (and I don't wear hats) - thought to myself, well, 2 more hats for Pine Ridge Reservation...and then it hit me! Send the shawls there! Weather-wise they will be used! So I have them packed up in different bags for different groups but you know what? I am NOT going back to the post office again before Christmas! So these will have to wait until after Christmas and by that time I will have some more to add!

 Received our first Christmas card today!! Pulled out my new holder. When I took this photo I didnt realize I should have swept first....and you can see the missing strip which is all that is left to completely finish the floor...
And I found this photo. This is the pen pal I have had since I was in Junior High - and calling it JH is some indication of how old I am! Maureen is from Jamaica - went to nursing school in England - ended up in what was West Germany at the time - and has lived in Germany ever since! And thanks to the internet, this very lazy letter writer has reconnected with her pen pal! Not sure what year that photo is from but I am thinking the 60's or 70's?

No comments:

Aging

 Why is so much about aging kept a secret? Or is it that we just dont pay attention when we are younger? I mean we all know about the wrinkl...