Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Bras For The Cause

Dear Friend,

How much would you pay to see me walk through the streets of Pleasanton in my bra? (You think I’m kidding, don’t you?)

In May, I’m participating (along with my team - Team Maternal/Child: the Valley 'Girls') in a 10K fundraising walk, complete with a bra-decorating contest, to raise money fortwo local organizations:

Axis Community Health will use proceeds from the walk to establish a bi-lingual breast health outreach program for uninsured and low-income women of the Tri-Valley.
Susan G. Komen for the Cure (SF Bay Area Affiliate) will use proceeds to support innovative local research and community-based outreach programs in the Bay Area. For more than 20 years, the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation has been a global leader in the fight against breast cancer through its support of innovative research and community-based outreach programs.

The Bras for the Cause Walk will be a lot of fun, but has a very serious and compelling purpose—to find a cure for breast cancer now. As a walker, I have been asked to raise money through fully tax-deductible pledges that will fund research and medical treatment for underinsured women in the Bay Area. Tri-Valley SOCKs (the walk organizers) are using corporate sponsorships and our registration fees to cover the insurance, printing, and other costs associated with the walk. Your money goes straight to the cause.

Would you please consider making a fully tax-deductible pledge to help fight breast cancer? Even though I joke about donation amounts, I am very serious about raising at least $200.00 for this walk.

“I Hate Taxes and This is a Good Write-Off” category – (How about $100 or more?)
“Love Ya’, But My Stock Options are Way Under Water” – (I feel your pain, but can you spare $75?)

“She Doesn’t Even Send a Christmas Card and Now She Wants Money?” -- (Yikes! $40?)

"No Starbucks for a week." – ($20? Your caffeine-withdrawal headache will hurt less than my feet.)

“A Buck a Kilometer to Get You Offa My Back”— (That’s only $10!)

If you have any questions about the walk or if you’d like to join me (there’s a fabulous dessert buffet for all of the walk finishers) please check out the website: www.trivalleysocks.org/walkinfo.html

Even if you don’t feel that you can sponsor me for this walk, please remind the women in your life to do monthly breast self-exams and get regular mammograms. It’s worth nagging the people you love.

Thank you in advance for your generosity. You can make a difference in someone’s health and life.

Yours truly,

Danielle Nabozny

Tri-Valley SOCKs operates with no paid staff and is run completely by hard-working, dedicated, but fun-loving volunteers. SOCKs is a Not-for-Profit corporation, organized and existing under the California State Not-for-Profit Corporation Law, with recognition as a 501©(3) corporation status.

No comments:

Hello?? Knock knock...Anyone Out There?

 Wow - I did not post ANYTHING for over a year?  But I have thought about it! And so much has happened! I came here to tell a funny little s...