Thursday, July 2, 2009

More Mini Vacation

So, long before I planned on having a broken ankle (you do read this with the sarcastic tone I am writing it, right?) we bought tickets to see Spam-A-Lot. And then we decided to try and get tickets to see King Tut when we realized our other vacation plans were doomed. So we decided to spend the night in SF. After looking around at hotels, a good deal for the Sir Francis Drake came up. I have always wanted to go to the Starlight Room and chances to do it jsut never came up. So, when we saw the good deal for the hotel, of course I booked it.

Well, should have known we were going to have issues when the room we book and paid for was not 'available' but they gave us a 'comparable' one. A lovely one. A corner room with a view to die for. Problem is, this is an old hotel and the corner room was difficult to get a wheelchair into. And the doors are heavy and there is no way to prop them open. And the view - I guess it was good if you want to look at other buildings...The room wsa pretty and the bed was comfortable...altho the king we paid for would have been better becuase of my ankle...

And that evening when we ventured upstairs to got to the Starlight Room for the very first time....guess what???? Oh yeah, you saw the photo up there....it was closed for a private function. But not to worry - it would be open the next night.....too bad we werent going to be there....

Wed we went to the King Tut exhibit. FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The only downside were the crowds and the wheelchair....boy was I wishing for the motorized scooter again - and I know hubby was too!!!!! Again, it was the adults. Except for the one little girl (not little enough for me to excuse, probably about 9 or 10) who spent the time 'acidentally' running into me.....the third time she finally got my ankle which did not feel good at all! And it wasnt just me - she was shoving other adults around - and oh, the time she got my ankle? Her father was close by and you know what his response was - "jsut a minute, I am trying to read this and I cannot until that lady (meaning me) who is blocking things moves". Never recieved an apology - or even acknowledgement from her - never heard her say 'excuse me' or anything to the others she was pushing thru.....


This was wonderful! Our faces hurt so badly from laughing - and the laughter started the minute the play started and really still hasnt ended. I was a little worried whether I would like it or not, becuase British humor really isnt my style of humor.....but it was great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so glad hu bby insisted on going!
Today he gets a break from me and my wheelchair (sounds like a song doesnt it???) and is playing golf out at Wente's with our neighbor. Hope he has fun!

Sat. we will be bbq'ing over at daughters house and then will watch the fireworks from our usual place - our upstairs window! And Sun we are taking 2 of the grandson's to the County Fair! And then sadly, our vacation will be over. What has been nice if this time hasnt flown by and it has been relatively relaxing. I think the dog is finely stopped being mad at us too....

No comments:

Hello?? Knock knock...Anyone Out There?

 Wow - I did not post ANYTHING for over a year?  But I have thought about it! And so much has happened! I came here to tell a funny little s...