Friday, June 8, 2012

Just Kill Me Now.....

You see all those? I think I should choose one....or maybe have them all.

Hubby has a sinus infection. Started yesterday or the night before. Got into the doctor today. I think this is one weekend I am very very very glad I work...

You know, men and women face different adversities differently. I really lean on his strength in so many ways, but when he is sick....I jsut want to move out.

While we were on vacation I started with what I thought was a horrible toothache the 2d day out. By the 3d day I realized it was sinus issue when I paid attention to where the pain went. This lasted until the 2d day in Las Vegas (the day before we came home) and I dont know what it was all about, but somehow I am attributing it to altitude.

So what did I do? Kept taking my allergy pills - downed tylenol here and there - chewed only on the other side of my mouth - kept air conditioning from blowing on the side of my face.....basically, pulled my big girl panties up and dealt with it.

Why? Well, we were on vacation - what else was I going to do? And I did not want to hear one of two things (or maybe both!) " what do you want to do? Just cancel everything and go home???" and/or "this was YOUR idea of a vacation you know".....

But hubby - no.... he gets cranky and nasty (to me, not to the public) and has to go to the doctor and get all the medications possible (which he may or may not take correctly no matter what - he found the bottle of antibiotics from the dentist in March and it had 2 pills left in it - so he took them as I lectured him YET AGAIN about properly taking medication - and then discovered he had leftovers because he had never paid attention to the directions).

Earlier this week he came up with the idea of going to Monterey for the day. Beautiful day - sounded like a good time. So then it came up that we needed to get a bid to fix the fence on the house down there so that would work out - and we could see some friends.....so I am excited cause I havent had the scent of the ocean in me for quite awhile - and there are some pretty fun thrift shops down there....

So how did the day turn out? Up even earlier than planned.....drove down in horrendous traffic so it took longer than usual.....got our donuts....has a few minutes to kill so went to Beverly's and got some yarn for another baby blanket....went back to the house to wait for the contractor.....on to the cemetary to switch out the flowers which we have neglected....and then to our friend's house for lunch, and after a couple hours, a drive home.

There is a rumor, that there is an ocean (well, technically a bay) down there but I did not get to see it/smell it/enjoy it......the next time he suggests going down for the day I think I will tell him to go by himself....

Oh, and was he nasty by the time we got home. And yes today we spent 1.5 hours at the doctor, got 3 prescriptions (and the MD barely remembered to go over the labs with hubby more than - oh they are okay but I would like to see your AC1 improve - never even got to see the numbers on anything else cause now he was feeling rushed) and now that he has taken the first dose of all of them - he feels worse.....


No comments:

Hello?? Knock knock...Anyone Out There?

 Wow - I did not post ANYTHING for over a year?  But I have thought about it! And so much has happened! I came here to tell a funny little s...