Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Catching up!

And there is a lot of catching up to do...no wonder I dont feel as though I can catch up on my rest yet....The photos are out of sequence, but I just don't feel like taking the time to rearranging them...

Out of sequence....someday I will get this down pat...but here is the grandson who lives in Nevada...enjoying his corn after he ate his pierogies and sausage! And sitting at his 'new' table (it was my parent's table...then went to DD#1...and now DD#2... who is so glad to have a table/chairs and a couch after living without for a month!)
To start off backwards - these are two photos taken after Grandson #1 end of year program at his Junior K class! Next year he goes on to Kindergarten....what a big boy! See his little brother playing on the slides? He had a hard time sitting thru the program - a mixture of prayers and songs and a slide show of all the students. But in the not too distant future it will be his turn to star in a program too...
Last week we drove a U-Haul full of things up to DD#2 in Nevada. And still managed not to take some things with us....Thank goodness the rain/snow from Memorial Day weekend was over! The weather was actually lovely - and it was surprising to find it was 91F when we arrived there - it did not feel that hot!

Had to stop for gas....and hubby decided we had to stop in Truckee...can you see the prices there? On the way back (sans U-Haul and with much better gas mileage) we stopped in Boomtown where the gas was $3.97/gallon. Wish I could find that around here...
I guess this emphasizes why the state is calling for drought conditions. See those ski runs? Last year and the year before they were still ski-ing in June...
Brand new house so they have all the backyard landscaping to do. And it is surprisingly a big yard! Big enough for a new grand-dog (#3 in that family) - Yuki? Yuke? She is a cutie tho!
And here is another cutie. 8 month old grand-daughter who finally warmed up to her Papa the next day, just before we left! She is a little butterball, who doesnt feel that heavy when you pick her up - but she is very chubby looking! Her brother's photo was supposed to be next but somehow did not get downloaded with this group and I just dont want to spend the time moving it from the top...so her brother is the one at the top of the page!
Back in time to attend the pinning ceremony for my nurslings - Chabot Nursing School Class of 2008! I feel comfortable posting this photo cause it is so far away and blurred I would be surprised if anyone can identify anyone in this photo! Touching ceremony as usual - and they presented us (faculty) with a cool 2009 calendar with a montage of their photos! I will value that for a long time!



Can't believe it is already June...and today looks like full blown June Gloom going on...but that is okay. I have to get my projects ready to turn into the County Fair this weekend. Still cant figure out the ribbon addition to the kimono sweater...and am washing the Grand-daughter's dress before I sew the buttons on. So I have three items entered: some socks, the dress, and the sweater. Don't expect any ribbons - but will enjoy the free ticked to the fair!
And I will get to see grand-daughter and Grandson #2 again when they come down at the end of the month!






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Pinning was the best part of nursing graduation. It was so sweet and just included our program instead of the whole school like graduation. Glad you had a good time!

Hello?? Knock knock...Anyone Out There?

 Wow - I did not post ANYTHING for over a year?  But I have thought about it! And so much has happened! I came here to tell a funny little s...