Saturday, July 13, 2013

Mini Vacation Is Over....SIGHHHHHH

 Took Highway 1 home.....no hurry...because of course hubs wanted to stop in Monterey and eat late lunch there....
 Not sure what these are? Llamas???? Something with horns? This is the best close up I could get, they were probably about a mile off the road....
 Lovely twisty, hilly Highway with the most beautiful views in the world
What?????? A stop light on the Highway 1? And a very long one.....
 Oh because they are building this new bridge/tunnel......just north of Limekiln Beach... very pretty!
Another traffic jam because of yet another stop light (they are doing other bridge/road work). This guy had the smart idea!
And yes, we made it to Red's just before they closed and got some of their leftovers (none of my son's favorites tho!) to bring home to son to thank him for dog sitting (he also got some Hearst Ranch jerky!) and then, after shoe shopping at the Rockport/Nike outlet for hubs, he got his favorite meal.....Calamari Siciliano (they took it off the menu and you have to ask for it special). I had already had squid (and a lovely lobster pot pie at The Sow's Ear in Cambria) so, since they no longer made their sand dabs my favorite way, I opted out just for pizza. I love fish but two days in a row is about my limit.....

And then patiently (HA!) drove in the traffic home, and back to real life....sorta....hubs is in a Golf Tournament today and I work tonight...so one of us is back in the real world!

Sigh......

No comments:

Hello?? Knock knock...Anyone Out There?

 Wow - I did not post ANYTHING for over a year?  But I have thought about it! And so much has happened! I came here to tell a funny little s...