Saturday, July 27, 2013

Weekly Roundup

Babysat the boys this week. Took Ralph with us so we went on a walk. See that speck in the middle just below the tree line? That was what we think was a bobcat - loping away in the opposite direction from us. We know there are bobcats in the area 

 Jack walking Ralph
 Connor walking Ralph...why didn't I get a photo of Luke walking him? Bad MeMaw!
 My birthday present - e finally got it hung up!
 I don't know - this just makes me smile - I don't even care if it is phot shopped or not - I just love the picture!
 Look what I did with my new sewing machine! I sewed the lining for this purse I knit for a swap present! Still looking at taking a beginning sewing class - but of course the perfect times for me, do not coincide with the classes!
 Love how this turned out - even tho it is blues!
 Silly Luke - with the swim cap inside out and on for no apparent reason!
 After a while, even a puppy needs some alone time from 3 busy boys!
But they did a good job tiring him out - this is him on the drive home!

Well, hubby finally got his schedule for orientation - and it is not when we thought it would be, which would have been much better. Instead of starting August 4, he is starting Aug 18 and will be gone for 3 weeks - including over the weekend of our 40th Anniversary. Oh well, what will be, will be.

The only other issue is that last week he is gone, we agreed to babysit our granddog. Which means I will be leaving 2 dogs home alone all night for 3 nights. Wonder if they would do okay outside? Cause I am not sure our little guy can make it inside for 14 hours....maybe, hopefully, cross your fingers, I can get some call time those 3 nights which would shorten the time they are alone.

Had a nice lunch this week with 2 friends from my old job. Then we went to Demi's house to pilfer through a box of yarn sent to her by a family member. Sharon got 2 bags full of yarn for her Teddy Bear project. Much to hubs dismay, I came home with a bag and a half!

Today he is at the last swim meet while this afternoon I am going to the Unitek Pinning Ceremony! I am excited to see who is there and who made it! Ran into a bunch of "my" students while I was going into work one evening this week - man oh man do I miss them and being with students!

But this week was a good week after last week....last week I worked Sat, 6 hours Sunday, Tues, Thurs, Sat and Sun. I literally spent all week asking people what day it was.....this week I had no every other day and altho I think they tried to kill me Thursday night, that is so much better! And the commute is better - having more days off/week is better - the benefits are better...yes, it was a good, but poignant, choice to make.

Now I really need to do some house work cause daughter & her family are stopping over Tuesday night on their vacation....and I need to finish Project 2 for Camp Loopy after ripping it our (over 500 stitches!!) a couple of times cause I was not happy with the edging!

What will I do with myself those 3 weeks hubs is away?? Hopefully make a huge inroad on the dump room upstairs!!!

No comments:

Hello?? Knock knock...Anyone Out There?

 Wow - I did not post ANYTHING for over a year?  But I have thought about it! And so much has happened! I came here to tell a funny little s...