Thursday, June 14, 2007

Cambria CA

















Another place we love is Cambria CA, just south of San Simeon where Hearst Castle is. Had never been to Hearst Castle so for my 50th birthday I planned a trip down there. Stayed in the most wonderful B&B, the J. Patrick House (www.jpatrickhouse.com). The rooms are great - the people are wonderful - the food is wonderful - and the have the most delicious chocolate chip cookies as a bedtime snack. Oh yeah, and the afternoon wine and goodies are good too as they try to serve local wines.
Hearst Castle is unbelievable - the amount of money that was spent there...above are a couple of the guesthouses that I wouldnt mind living in! And would love to be in that pool today as it is hot! hot! hot! here! The grounds are beautiful but I jsut wish I could have seen them when they had the wild animals there!
We have taken several tours but the best by far was the night time tour that is offered only in certain months. They had people dressed in period costume 'enjoying' themselves as guests in the house - that is the part I would want to play onlyI wouldnt want to leave!
And the wine bottles, I had to take a photo. Those are from the Cresta Blanca winery which use to be right up here in my neighborhood!
The last time we went to Cambria our favorite B&B was full. So we found another wonderful one, the Olalliebrry Inn ( www.olallieberry.com/) which is beautiful - with good food - and within walking distance of the main downtown area!
We always end up eating in the same two restuarants because we enjoy them so much: The Sea Chest (http://www.seachestrestaurant.com ) for their wonderful seafood - noreservations - games to play with while you are waiting for your table. And the Sow's Ear(http://www.thesowsear.com) - the food is very good and we love the bread that is baked into flowerpots - a combo of a white bread and a dark bread!
Lots of fun stores, especially the antiques, and The Shop Next Door (http://www.squibbhouse.net/shop.htm) where there are the most beautiful hand made rocking chairs in the whole world. I really am going to buy one, one of these days!



No comments:

Hello?? Knock knock...Anyone Out There?

 Wow - I did not post ANYTHING for over a year?  But I have thought about it! And so much has happened! I came here to tell a funny little s...