Friday, June 19, 2009

Health Care Crisis in US

For all of you wondering about the health care crisis in the United States, I have the perfect example.

I just recieved my insurance claims for two visits to doctors.

The first was the Urgent Care MD, who spent, I am not sure 15 - 20 minutes with me. He examined all the Xrays. He examined my leg - carefully examined it. He spent time with me describing what was going on - what wil be going on - offered me pain medication prescriptions. Had me fitted with a boot and taught how to walk on crutches. His bill was $730.00. Oh yes, he advised me to f/u with my primary MD when we got home.

And so I did. I spent about 1/2 hour in the waiting room, and another 15 - 20 minutes in the exam room. He then came in. Spoke to me, held my Xray up to the light, had me take off my boot so he could take a brief look at my leg/foot, told me to come back in a month after having it re-Xrayed. Oh yes, and he told me I didnt need to see an orthoped. My total time with him was probably 10 minutes, and that was becuase of Disability paperwork he had to fill out. His charge was $843.00.

Does anyone else see my issue with this? The MD who actually treated my fracture charged less than my doctor, who spent a minimum amt of time with me.

But there is nothing wrong with the health care system in this country.

No comments:

Aging

 Why is so much about aging kept a secret? Or is it that we just dont pay attention when we are younger? I mean we all know about the wrinkl...