Sunday, September 2, 2007

Christmas Around the World Knitter's Swap Questionaire

1. Are you religious? Sort of - altho do not attend church often - born and raised Catholic
2. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider yourself a Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced? I guess I would consider myself intermediate - been knitting of and on since teenager I guess - so too many years to count - over a quarter of a century!
3. Do you have any other hobbies besides knitting? Reading, travel, cross stitch
4. Favorite color(s)? Darks greens and plums, corals
5. Do you collect anything? I wish I could say no - collect too much - dust bunnies! Balleek china - antiques - knitting things
6. Are you allergic to any fibers or animals? Very allergic to cats
7. Do you have any pets? Right now we are down to one dog only
8. Coffee, Tea, or Hot Chocolate? Coke!....tea
9. Cookies or Sweets? cookies
10. Do you knit socks? yeppers
11. If not socks then what? (tell us about your favorite knits) Anything I might finish - scarves, baby things...
12. Do you put up a Christmas tree? If not then what do you do? Most definitely! Wish I had big enough house to put up more than one so I could put out all my tree decos!!!
13. Favorite holiday treats? Christmas cookies
14. Favorite holiday smells? Snow...Christmas trees...cinnamon...
15. Do you celebrate Christmas in a traditional or unconventional way? Please elaborate. Traditional....I dont think the family would change....Christmas Eve mass (depending on work schedule) and on Christmas Eve we open certain presents (i.e. from friends, and the kids open their presents from each other) Christmas Day is all the rest of the presents and then a big cioppino dinner (which is an adapted tradition from hubbies family - should be done on Christmas Eve but since we so often work Christmas Eve it has become a Christmas Day dinner)
16. What are your favorite holiday traditions? These questions are hard ones! When the kids were little they would get new sheets and pj's for Christmas Eve and would use them that night...hiding the pickle on the three and seeing how competitive grown kids can be
17. Finish the sentence: “For me Christmas is all about....” Family and friends
18. If you were a Christmas ornament you would be…….? Something made out of Waterford....a star??
19. What was your favorite gift you've ever received? Or given? My favorite gifts have always been books....the frustrating thing as a kid was how quickly I would devour them....
20. When do you start your Christmas? Depends on the year and the mood and how busy work is...
21. Do you send Christmas cards? Do you make them or buy them? Yes I still send them..,.buy them after Christmas for the next year - takes forever to pick them out!
22. What is your favorite Christmas dish? Tie between date nut bread and gugelhopf
23. Carolers are at your door. What do you do? Listen and enjoy and wish I oculd carry a tune!
24. When do you open presents? Christmas eve or Christmas morning? See #15
25. Do you celebrate with family or friends or both?Mainly family but some years both

3 comments:

Dorothy said...

Oh, I'm so with you about drinks. For me, it would be diet coke! I wish I could have several trees too!

Birdsong said...

This was a great questionnaire.. guess I haven't cruised blogland enough lately to know about the swap you are in, but it is nice to visualize the kind of Christmas you like... I am lucky to have the space to put up one big tree and a few smaller ones each year as well as decorate the two mantels that originally shared one chimney.

Knittymuggins said...

Thanks so much for sharing Danielle! The cioppino sounds *amazing* :) I buy my Christmas cards after Christmas the year before too! The only problem is having to store them for the rest of the year.... Hope you're enjoying the swap so far and thanks for filling out your questionnaire!

Aging

 Why is so much about aging kept a secret? Or is it that we just dont pay attention when we are younger? I mean we all know about the wrinkl...