Monday, September 17, 2007

Tuesday in Maui
















This was the day we did the bike ride down from the volcano. Approx. 38 miles downhill....much of it with no guard rails! And something like 16 or 69 or some awful number of hairpin turns!


Started off from 10,000 overlooking a crater that could hold the island of Manhatten, and ending up at sea level....from 35 degrees cold to 80-something degrees humid!!!










Did not get up to do the sunrise ride...after all, if I am going to get up at 0230 to do it, they better darn well guarantee that we will see the sunrise!!!










But this was fun and I did so much better than I expected! Not many chances to take photos, so here is what I have...

No comments:

Hello?? Knock knock...Anyone Out There?

 Wow - I did not post ANYTHING for over a year?  But I have thought about it! And so much has happened! I came here to tell a funny little s...