Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Busy/Not So Busy Day

Well, we thought today was going to be very busy. Supposed to have the new front door put in, and the backyard landscaping started, and my hair cut.

0800 came and no one showed up. Just before 0900 the landscaper showed up and they have been busy at work today. Building planter areas.

But the guys for the door never showed up. And never called. Which is very frustrating because we had this long conversation with the one guy about the importance of communication....

So we will see. Maybe tomorrow is going to be very busy. Because early tomorrow morning (we will see - giggle laugh snort) the guy is coming to put in the new slide out shelves on two cabinets in the kitchen, and some shelving thing under the sink....and the landscaper....and maybe the door guys?

The dogs are being exceptionally good.  I feel so badly about Bella though. I gave up and went to bed before hubs last night because I knew we were having an early day today. And besides I didn't want to watch the show he was watching. And even then I fell asleep before he came to bed. So that meant he had to bring the dogs in after I put them out - and after I put the bootee on Bella's foot.

 Ever since we started using the bootee (as in 2 days ago) I have emphasized that the bootee needs to come off when she comes in.....so what happened last night? The person who brought her in did not take the bootee off. When I saw that I immediately took it off and changed her sock and bandage - both of which were soaking wet from sweat. And her poor paw was puffy. But the boo boo looked better than it had yesterday after she licked it to pieces!

Husband is pacing like a prisoner in his own home! Which is good cause that means he is letting the guys work without talking their ears off....

Speaking about communication: the two Sagittariuses in the family are pointing fingers at each other right now! I sent an text to both my daughters about what we will bring for Thanksgiving.....and the one wrote back saying essentially - wait, what? First I have heard about this...

So I spoke with husband who said, since older daughter speaks to other daughter more frequently he ASSUMED that she had spoken with her sister.....And then said older daughter wrote back and said that since he was the one doing all the planning she ASSUMED he had spoken with other daughter...

So of course I had to write back to point out what the definition of ASS...U....ME is!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Hello?? Knock knock...Anyone Out There?

 Wow - I did not post ANYTHING for over a year?  But I have thought about it! And so much has happened! I came here to tell a funny little s...