Friday, November 29, 2019

Happy Thanksgiving Weekend!

I hope your Thanksgiving was as lovely as ours was!

Got up Thursday morning and drove to daughter's house - traffic was light. But we went from sunshine to overcast and cold! Took us just over 2 hours because we stopped for gas!

And oh my - the food! There was so much! A turkey, ham, and salmon; TNTC side dishes.....pumpkin pie and caramel apple pie (I didn't get any of that - but the grandson who doesn't like pie gave me a thumbs up - so of course I had to leave the last piece with him!!)

So daughter, her husband, and 3 boys hosted. My other daughter and 2 kids came. My SIL's parents were there - it is always a joy to see them! And my SIL sister, BIL, and their 4 kids.

Now I must say - the nice thing about older kids and electronics is how quiet it can be compared to years past when they were all much younger and more boisterous!

So we spent the night. And I slept on our concrete slab air bed. My husband puts it on firm which just hurts everywhere - but considering the last times we used it, it collapsed under me, I was afraid to change the setting!

So I was awake and tossing and turning A LOT last night.  I do know I slept in between but I am still tired. AND I FROZE TO DEATH because hubby had to open the window - which put the cold air right in my face (he was sleeping in grandson's bed which of course is higher off the floor) so I spent the time sleeping with my head under the comforter.

When the garbage mean came by with their noise and lights that was it - I was up and reading at 0600.

Time to get dressed and my toothbrush is MIA! Now we were only spending one night - so I only packed pjs, a change of clothing, and a toothbrush. And the toothbrush is gone. We are home now and I still haven't found it! But for some unknown reason the pocket it was in - the zipper was open so I am betting it fell out somewhere!

So just a few blocks before daughters house - my husband realized he did not bring his medications.
And this morning he could not find the clean shirt he brought! We did not do a very good job for an overnight visit! Luckily he did not spill ANYTHING on his shirt yesterday. (Got home and unpacked the bag and there was his shirt. Now, I do have to say, he did pack a BLACK shirt, with a BLACK apron, in a BLACK bag...…)

Did some shopping while up there. Not Black Friday but places we cannot find down here. Went to the European market and got some frozen pierogies and kielbasa and the beet/horseradish sauce. Went to Hallmark and got a couple of things. Went to the Walgreen's there and they let me down too....went to Safeway and Lucky's and they let me down - no bangers anywhere! But we got the split peas for hubby to make soup this weekend, and Lucky's has the frozen cherry turnovers that no one else has, so it wasn't a total loss.

And then the trek home. And the traffic - which surprised us as being lighter than we expected from Walnut Creek to Pleasanton - did not surprise up in the Gilroy area.  The parking lot started before Morgan Hill and did not let up until after the exit for the Outlets. And of course it started pouring during the stretch!

But then it got better, with the usual slowdown at the merging of 156 onto 101....and we still got home in just over 2 hours, even thought it poured on us once again!

The dogs seemed happy to see us - hope they aren't too upset when we leave again tonight - our friends invited us over for leftovers - which is better than the original - and especially since we don't have any leftovers!

No comments:

Aging

 Why is so much about aging kept a secret? Or is it that we just dont pay attention when we are younger? I mean we all know about the wrinkl...