Tuesday, November 5, 2019

NaBloPoMo #4

This morning the news is about the women and children killed in Mexico as they were caravanning to AZ for a shopping trip. Made me stop and think about living in a foreign country.

I have made jokes that if I ever decided it was time to leave the USA it would be to Canada, BC or Ireland. We were so impressed with the cleanliness of Vancouver and Victoria and just fell in love with those areas. And the people in Ireland - so friendly and so supportive when we were there over 9-11.

But honestly, I cannot imaging leaving the USA. Mainly because of SOSDD - Same Old Shit Different Day. No country is perfect. They all have their issues.  Either it is political - or language - or something.

But to leave this country and move to another country that has been dangerous to live in for years?
I would like to understand what makes people do that.

The logistics of moving to another country are daunting - but to move somewhere where they are murders and kidnappings just about daily? And where those murders are divided between their own citizens but also citizens of other countries? And the criminals are rarely found - and the punishment does not deter a repeat of the action? Like I said, I would like to understand why people would think "it wont happen to me".

Ok, off the soapbox. Woke up to a very foggy morning. And I need to pick on the dog. She has a sore on the bottom of one of the pads, on the paw that had surgery. So last night I cleaned it up, bandaged it, put the donut on her.

(I just realized that the last several photos I posted on facebook I put into the October album - but it is actually November! Wow - time flies!!)

Did this about 2200 last night and by bedtime, an hour later, the sock was off. And sometime after we went to be the donut was off.

So today the Shame Collar comes out. And I found another sock to try to see if it would stay on longer! Have tried explaining to her if she wants out in the yard - this place has to heal - and it will not heal if she keeps licking it!


No comments:

Hello?? Knock knock...Anyone Out There?

 Wow - I did not post ANYTHING for over a year?  But I have thought about it! And so much has happened! I came here to tell a funny little s...