Saturday, November 9, 2019

Post #8

Some time ago I bought a china hutch at a garage sale.
I think it was $20 - $25.
My plan was to redo it and use it.
Of course I never got round to that.

Came time to move and hubs wanted me to get rid of it.
I wouldn't.
Well, there is no place in this house to put it.

But then came an idea!
we have been looking for a TV stand and cant find what we want - mainly because we want wood and not the crap they sell (and we can afford today).
Why don't we take the hutch part off and use the bottom 1/2?

hubs actually liked the idea so we went out to storage today.
Boy - things from past eras are made well!

I forgot to take a before photo - I think this is from the 50's or 60's.
The craftsmanship is amazing.
And although it is just pine - oh my gosh - is it PINE! The top piece, the piece on top of the cabinet part, and the bottom part has to be at least 3 - 4" thick. Solid. And it is all put together with screws. Not staples. Screws.
It took us a while to get the top piece off - and then we had to take the piece off the top of the cabinet part because we just could not lift it to get it into the truck.

So now, we are going to bring it in the house, set it back together, and see if it will work.

If so, then we will refinish it and rebuild it (my hubs would say - what, you have a mouse in your pocket?).

Meanwhile today we also bought the lumber for the first of the 2 bigger bookshelves he is going to build for me. Says he is going to start tomorrow.

Next week, the guy is coming to install the pull out drawers in 2 of the kitchen cabinets, and whatever he built for under the sink. We both finally booked haircut appts. And Tuesday the front door is going to be replaced. And now today the landscaper called, and he is going to start on Tuesday too!

Boy the dogs are gonna be a mess....

No comments:

Hello?? Knock knock...Anyone Out There?

 Wow - I did not post ANYTHING for over a year?  But I have thought about it! And so much has happened! I came here to tell a funny little s...