Monday, November 25, 2019

Not Too Much Complaining

But boy is it chilly out! The wind has come up and the wind is chilly. It hit mid 70's yesterday - it is 60 today. And the rest of the week is supposed to be in the 50's - even up in Walnut Creek! And rainy! Which is wonderful - don't get me wrong - but sure had hoped to have had the back yard done before the rains came in...

Our friend who made beef tamales last week (and boy they were good!) made chicken tamales this week. So guess what we are having for dinner! We traded her some stuffed cabbage husband made.

Tomorrow I am trying a new crock pot recipe. Yep, went to the store today - oh my lanta - it was busy! But I did not want to go in the rain - or closer to the holiday. So got the rest of the things I needed for baking and putting together on Wednesday!

Today is laundry day. And hubby finished the big sanding on the hutch-soon-to-be-TV-table. Now he is down to hand sanding. Because of the wind and the rain coming, moved it all into the garage.

Looking thru 113 pages to see what patterns I want to buy from the GAL 2019 (on Ravelry) this year. I thought I already weeded down my list - now I am adding to it! I know right off the bat, I am buying a headband, and 2 hat patterns, and hopefully a pattern to use the yarn I received (which I do not like the pattern that came with it)….then there are some mitts and and and.....Trying to stay away from socks, shawls (not so successfully) and sweaters (only a couple have snuck in).

I tell you, being retired is not for sissies. First we got notified that our LTC insurance is going up 80% - that is EIGHTY PERCENT people! And now our supplemental insurance is going up in January - and then again July!!!!!!!!

The good news is my COBRA Dental is going down by approx. $1/month, but the Vision is staying the same....

And speaking about process going up - I almost choked when we went into See's the other day!!! And the worst thing is - it is such good candy that yes, you just choke, and then suck it up....

I found out recently that the Senior Sorters who run some of the best estate sales, is stopping business. And today I found out that 2020 will be the last Bras For The Cause Walk. That is very poignant for me, as well as disappointing, since I was not able to do it this year and was wondering if I could do it next year (logistics are a B you know - would be better if there were more camping facilities up in that area!)

No comments:

Hello?? Knock knock...Anyone Out There?

 Wow - I did not post ANYTHING for over a year?  But I have thought about it! And so much has happened! I came here to tell a funny little s...