Saturday, November 16, 2019

November 16

After such a lovely day yesterday, woke up totally socked in with fog.

The people on the cruise ship yesterday had a gorgeous day to be in Monterey!

It did burn off here at the house but you could still see it out over the bay. And it has since started moving back in.

Got the first bookcase stained. And I suck at staining. Probably will have to put another coat on it - but guess what - Home Depot doesn't have any more of the stain we bought.

Someone was watching while I stained! The "eye" on the inside had really nice long eyelashes!

Meanwhile hubby built the second one. Which I will stain tomorrow. We got some of the same shade of stain - just a different finish. The first one said it was "gloss" but sure doesnt look or feel glossy to me! The one we got today is satin. We will see if there is a big difference.

I find it fascinating to see how the wood - the grain - the imperfections - etc affect how the stain looks! At the bottom of one side, it looks bright red! And the back for the 2 one, which I stained (learn from the past people!) before we put it on - is much redder than anything on the first bookcase!

No comments:

Hello?? Knock knock...Anyone Out There?

 Wow - I did not post ANYTHING for over a year?  But I have thought about it! And so much has happened! I came here to tell a funny little s...