Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Day Before Thanksgiving

So - cannot blame anyone but myself - but had to go back to the grocery store AGAIN.
For 5 items.
5 measly items.

But you know it turned out ok, it was not as bad as I expected!

On the way home was the most beautiful rainbow - intense colors - distinct colors - and a complete rainbow! And of course, I had left my phone at home....but it was still there when I got home so I was able to run out and take a photo - which of course does not do justice to it.

 I was home less than 5 minutes and the heavens opened up and it POURED!

Got my baking done - 2 pumpkin pies, and a caramel apple pie. Made the 24 hour salad - plain and with nuts. Made the new recipe - apple cranberry sauce. I have not tried it but smelling it there is just too much ginger. So then I made a batch of the usual regular cranberry sauce. Also tried a recipe for a new dip - Benedict. It is, ehh, good. Rather bland. Hoping that maybe tomorrow it will taste better.

Finished my first project for GiftAlong2019. Very fun and easy knit, very easy pattern to follow. But at the very end I decided to kitchener it together - which meant I had to unpick the cast on edge. Thank goodness it was only 24 stitches! Love the color! Yarn is Cascade 220 Superwash. I think I will be making more of these!
Rubio came and worked on the inside of the front door. Not quite done yet, He has apparently showed up yesterday morning when we were not home - because the communication we received was that he would be here today. So he came this afternoon and was here quite sometime. He still has to come back and do a little more work and is going to try and make the deadbolt work more easily.

Have cast on another hat - with more Cascade 220 Superwash. This will go in the box to be sent to Pine Ridge Reservation next year. And it is another GiftAlong2019 pattern..

We will be heading up to Walnut Creek tomorrow morning. And heading back Friday morning. Planning to do some shopping on the way home. Not really Black Friday shopping, more shopping in stores that we don't have here at home now - primarily Hallmark!

No comments:

Hello?? Knock knock...Anyone Out There?

 Wow - I did not post ANYTHING for over a year?  But I have thought about it! And so much has happened! I came here to tell a funny little s...